This discussion is closed.
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
Congratulations on getting part one. Now for part two. You are no longer one of the men on the boat. You still have the God like powers, but you must save one of three strangers you see stuck on the sinking boat. All are sure to drown, same as before, and you have the power to save one of these men. Same question. Which one and why?
Erm I ain't got a scooby... but I'll guess.

Well there's no longer three if you're out of there, so save either one and hopefully the boat will stay afloat for the one left in the boat...

Or just save the fattest one...

Or save the boat...

I don't know!
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by fishpaste)
You still save yourself. You're a woman on the boat. You have the power to save a man on the boat. But you're a woman, so save yourself. Just a guess.
but he implies that "You" was male before.

e.g.) "no longer one of the men"
fishpaste
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by bono)
but he implies that "You" was male before.

e.g.) "no longer one of the men"
Had a sex change and became one of the women? No seriously. Good point, should have read the first sentence of the first post.
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
wait.

u said that they were certain to sink and die in 1st bit.
however, they r still alive on this boat (the 2 in part 1)

therefore, there must hav been 1 new addition to make up the 3.

as the other 2 in part 1 dont die on this boat anyway, then i propose to save the new person.

:confused:
Sire
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by bono)
wait.

u said that they were certain to sink and die in 1st bit.
however, they r still alive on this boat (the 2 in part 1)

therefore, there must hav been 1 new addition to make up the 3.

as the other 2 in part 1 dont die on this boat anyway, then i propose to save the new person.

:confused:
Forget the first question. Once you've answered it as you have, you move onto the current question...--You are no longer one of the men on the boat. You still have the God like powers, but you must save one of three strangers you see stuck on the sinking boat. All are sure to drown, same as before, and you have the power to save one of these men. Same question. Which one and why?--
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
Forget the first question. Once you've answered it as you have, you move onto the current question...--You are no longer one of the men on the boat. You still have the God like powers, but you must save one of three strangers you see stuck on the sinking boat. All are sure to drown, same as before, and you have the power to save one of these men. Same question. Which one and why?--
When you say sure to drown, do you mean despite divine intervention?
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
this is 2 hard.

please say, plllllllllllllllllllllllllllleee eeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaase!
Sire
Rep:
?
(Original post by fishpaste)
When you say sure to drown, do you mean despite divine intervention?
They all drown if you do not save one. You must save one, and the other two drown. They are strangers to you, as you have never met either of the three men before, but you must save one. Which one, and why?
Sire
Rep:
?
(Original post by bono)
this is 2 hard.

please say, plllllllllllllllllllllllllllleee eeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaase!
If this thing goes to three pages with no correct answer, then I'll give it. But you and ZJuwelH got the first part so quickly. I can't understand why you're having so much trouble with this part.
kildare
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Save the one man (the other two are women).
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
They all drown if you do not save one. You must save one, and the other two drown. They are strangers to you, as you have never met either of the three men before, but you must save one. Which one, and why?
The most attractive one?

With a question like this, you'll never get the answer when you're reduced to bad guesses.
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Oh right, scratch that then.
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)

Haha that was rather avoidant. I think they all drown. Though I don't know the actual answer. I'm just trying to work out whether "and the other two drown" is implying the one you save doesn't drown.
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The heaviest one (because saving him would allow the boat to float)?
Sire
Rep:
?
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
The most attractive one?

With a question like this, you'll never get the answer when you're reduced to bad guesses.
It is so simple though. As I said in a previous post. Women take forever to answer it, but get the answer correct more often than men do. (After attempting every manner under the sun of obtaining more information) And believe it or not, children under the age of about 12 get it in a matter of seconds, and are correct in both parts. Strange
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kildare)
Oh right, scratch that then.
the 3 strangers on the boat are the 3 men.

"save one of three strangers you see stuck on the sinking boat. All are sure to drown, same as before, and you have the power to save one of these men"

hence assuming they are men.
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
It is so simple though. As I said in a previous post. Women take forever to answer it, but get the answer correct more often than men do. (After attempting every manner under the sun of obtaining more information) And believe it or not, children under the age of about 12 get it in a matter of seconds, and are correct in both parts. Strange
Err you save God who switched places with you from before.

How pathetic. And it doesn't help when you say it's easy. I bet I'll kick myself.
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
"you must save one of three strangers you see stuck on the sinking boat"

u save THE ONE who is stuck on the boat.
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by bono)
"you must save one of three strangers you see stuck on the sinking boat"

u save the 1 who is stuck on the boat.
Oh that's good! Promising!
BossLady
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
But if you were on the boat and you then left the boat, there would now be 2 people left on the boat, not three right??
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (153)
60.96%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.38%
No- I want it (70)
27.89%
No- I don't want it (17)
6.77%

Watched Threads