Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How old were you when you discovered masturbation? Watch

• View Poll Results: How old were you when you started masturbating?
    Guy: 10 or under
    10.04%
    Guy: 11
    10.24%
    Guy: 12
    10.44%
    Guy: 13
    13.86%
    Guy: 14
    6.63%
    Guy: 15
    3.41%
    Guy: 16 or over
    3.01%
    Girl: 10 or under
    8.63%
    Girl: 11
    4.82%
    Girl: 12
    4.62%
    Girl: 13
    7.43%
    Girl: 14
    4.22%
    Girl: 15
    5.02%
    Girl: 16 or over
    5.22%
    Have never masturbated (girl)
    1.81%
    Have never masturbated (guy)
    0.60%

ReputationRep:
    i was 9. scared me to death when the juices came a flowin'

ReputationRep:
    Year 7 or 8, can't really remember. It was in the bath. That was some insane **** right there.

About 7 or 8, I just rubbed the clit and it felt good so I kept on going. Don't think I orgasmed until I was about 12 tbh. Never used my fingers to penetrate.

ReputationRep:
    I can't remember how or exactly when I discovered it, but I know I was doing it when I was 6.
    Yes, that is terribly creepy but what can I say :p: I didn't know what it was at that age, and had nothing to do with being turned on. All I knew was that it "felt nice".

Of course, it's a different story now, haha.

ReputationRep:
    Discovered? You mean invented :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mm_Minty)
    I can't remember how or exactly when I discovered it, but I know I was doing it when I was 6.
    Yes, that is terribly creepy but what can I say :p: I didn't know what it was at that age, and had nothing to do with being turned on. All I knew was that it "felt nice".

Of course, it's a different story now, haha.
    Maybe you were sucking on mints? Or maybe your juices smelt like mints? And you were like :sexface: mm, minty...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lonely14)
    It must have been a terrible experience for you than, that you've repressed it into your unconscious and can't retrieve it now.... ''
    i guess so :emo: i must of not did it right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .meh.)
    Maybe you were sucking on mints? Or maybe your juices smelt like mints? And you were like :sexface: mm, minty...
    Sorry, I don't really have a sexual affinity for mints :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    i was only 14 and my best mate told me what he had done with his **** yesterday and he said white stuff came out
    so i tried it the first time and it gave me a lot of pain and the second time too
    a week later i did it and it was good......
    to be continued

I feel weird now, cos I remember doing it well before I started primary school. I don't even remember how young. 3 maybe?

And then... yeah. It's not been a rare thing, shall we say. I'm a girl btw.
    I dunno, maybe it's easier for girls to do it younger cos you don't have to wait for the organs to grow up and start working??

ReputationRep:
    About 13, in the bath on holiday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Is that ... possible? I mean, to feel sexual arousal or whatever at such a young age. :shock:
    According to House it is

But ye, it's possible to feel nice, maybe not full on sexual arousal though.

ReputationRep:
    About 7

About 12... but for some unknown reason it took me a long, long time before I cottoned on that the "easy" (and most obvious) way to do the deed was to use one's hands. Prior to this amazing discovery I had to resort to more and more imaginative ways to get the job done :rolleyes: .

I literally LOL everytime I think about my early days of masturbation. I swear I must have been born retarded or something.

ReputationRep:
    22...xx

ReputationRep:
    How the hell are there so many people voting age 10 and under?!

ReputationRep:
    I WAS SO SCARED!!

i was just playing with it a fair bit and WHAM! Shock of my life! It felt amazing but I didn't want to touch it again for a while, I was scared there was something wrong with me!

I guess I must have started when I was about 6 or so... not that I had any idea what I was doing!

Strange thing is, I didn't orgasm through masturbation until I was 17, even though I was obviously well aware what it was by then!

ReputationRep:
    Pretty young. Around 9 or 10 I think. Hmm, Year 5 I think. Was absently minded shaking off after going to the toilet, just kept shaking, I don't know why But well, I liked the conclusion. Didn't actually ejaculate till I was about 12, but did it not unregularly before then.

ReputationRep:
    I think I was younger than 10 - maybe 9. Though mature, I was a very... (pervy? horny? sexual?) child and when I was young (perhaps nine or younger) I already had a fetish for huge breasts. Now I wasn't exposed to much sexual stuff as a kid apart from seeing my parents walk around naked but even now I'm amazed at how when I was young I longed for big, big boobs.

I was lying on my bed one day and tried imitating the motion of a male having sex with a woman, moving my hips, and the friction I felt against the soft duvet gave me pleasure. The one day I made a mess lol

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 3, 2018
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.