Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How old were you when you discovered masturbation? Watch

• View Poll Results: How old were you when you started masturbating?
    Guy: 10 or under
    10.06%
    Guy: 11
    10.26%
    Guy: 12
    10.46%
    Guy: 13
    13.68%
    Guy: 14
    6.64%
    Guy: 15
    3.42%
    Guy: 16 or over
    3.02%
    Girl: 10 or under
    8.65%
    Girl: 11
    4.83%
    Girl: 12
    4.63%
    Girl: 13
    7.44%
    Girl: 14
    4.23%
    Girl: 15
    5.03%
    Girl: 16 or over
    5.23%
    Have never masturbated (girl)
    1.81%
    Have never masturbated (guy)
    0.60%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Just lying in bed. Started rubbing. You know, innocent rubbing. Taking the train to boner city. Feels good. Keep rubbing. Feels amazing. Sudden tension. White stuff...

What the - Mind****.

I remember frantically Googling "rubbing penis" to discover what had just happened. Everything changed.
    This description deserves to be boldened, underlined and framed on the wall!

'Rubbing penis' xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    11 after I watched Nadia in American Pie

True Story
    Ha! Me too. She sure takes her vitamins.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VictoriaG)
    I tried when I was younger (13) but just did not know what I was doing. Then when I was 16 I discovered the clitoris..
    You're lieing,girls don't masturbate. I found it at like 12 I think,never looked back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LzLz)
    You're lieing,girls don't masturbate. I found it at like 12 I think,never looked back.
    Oh sorry, should I just go back to the kitchen and shut my mouth?
    I think you'll find you're the one that is lying.

ReputationRep:
    Oh sorry, should I just go back to the kitchen and shut my mouth?
    I think you'll find you're the one that is lying.
    It was Tongue in cheek! You should do whatever you want,and yes I know mist girls actually do,I was just referring to the age old belief that they don't

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LzLz)
    It was Tongue in cheek! You should do whatever you want,and yes I know mist girls actually do,I was just referring to the age old belief that they don't
    Thank God, I was totally confused as to how someone could be so close minded.

ReputationRep:
    Thank God, I was totally confused as to how someone could be so close minded.
    I was about 14 when I realised girls get horny as well. It was a complete mind****.

(Female) I must have been about 11 when I first started discovering that touching "down there" felt good, but I'd always just kind of get to the very edge of orgasm and then no further.

Wasn't until I got a vibrator at the tender age of 25 that I got past that barrier. Hehe.

ReputationRep:
    interesting comments on here.

anyway I'm off to have one now...

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Same for me. At a young age, my mind couldn't comprehend how they would do it.
    It was a cold winter night in Scotland, I was 14 in my biting cold dorm room. It was then a girl I knew texted me saying something along the lines of "it's cold isn't it? I can think of ways to warm up " My life changed forever, girls liked sex!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegodofgod)
    12 - was on a website looking for insults in other languages, and there were some "dirty" pictures on the sides and I got hard and curious...

...and you can probably imagine the rest
    I take it Counter Strike got the better of you.

ReputationRep:
    Heater? :awesome:

So what happened after the text message? You discovered masturbation through text, or the girl phoned you or the girl came over and taught you. Or you woke up and realised it was all a dream. You can't just leave me hanging. :zomg:
    No, I knew about masturbation. This is when I realised girls do it too :L

ReputationRep:
    i would have been around 13, you know the time when a boy doesnt just see a girl as a pain in the backside and how good those actresses look, back then i must have been whacking one out probably once or twice a week. i cant say i ever feel guilty about it. some girls find it a turn on too when a guy tells them about it :-)

I was 13, hormones were flowing, I watched some late night advice programme about sex because I couldn't sleep and I was like "ooh!" and got down to the rubbing. Yes girls get horny too. >.<

There were some x-rated channels on Sky..My mum had gone upstairs to sleep, i was sitting there, it was the summer holidays. On comes some lady with her tits out, i feel my clit get hard, and i start to rub, i get all wet too. But i didn't know what i was actually doing. I was under the age of 12..women just turned me on.
    Then, one day my bf and i were horny, but over text, he told me to 'do stuff' to myself, whilst he did stuff to himself..i felt hesitant, but tried anyway...it felt so good when i orgasmed! But, i had no idea what an orgasm or mastrabation was, i was 16 too!
    Now i mastrabate every single day..

ReputationRep:
    Twenty One.
    When I had tried it before, it took too long, and nothing happened.

I can't remember never not doing it, however i have never been able to orgasm even though i'm 17 and have tried literally everything to try and orgasm!

ReputationRep:
    I think I was 11 or 12. Never got past the 'just nice' feeling till I was 15 or so.

ReputationRep:
    I don't remember what age, all I remember was it was primary school, so I put 11. And yes I did feel guilty so much that I stopped for like 6 months, then gave up feeling guilty and stared again. And even though I knew what I was doing and it felt nice, I probably didn't have my first orgasm 'til about 13, it was quite a surprise, and I was like "oh THAT'S what that was!" haha
    Also remember thinking I was doing it wrong as I wasn't 'fingering myself', I thought it wasn't real masturbation, which is probably what justified it in my head and superseded the guilt

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 3, 2018
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.