Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey, i'm in year 11 and i'm going to sit my English GCSE(16th may)
    I have a high B/ Low A for my coursework(20%) and i have a mid B speaking and listening (20%).
    what grade would i need to get in the summer to secure an A grade; and could i get an A*?
    im on the AQA exam board and i'm really stressed and worried about this.
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    well i thought that cw was 40% and 60% is exam??

I'm gettin confused now :/

I have 2 grades for my cw which is B,C and my teacher said that AQA push it slightly high. So i'll get B,B. But then i need an high A or low A* to get A in english.

ReputationRep:
    English Lang- 40%
    English lit- 30%

These are cw percentages.

That means 60% of lang is exam
    And 70% of LIT is exam

ReputationRep:
    For English Language it's 40% course work in which 20% is written c/w and the other 20% is speaking and listening. However i need to know the minimum garde i need to get in the summer to get an A

ReputationRep:
    Well for me, im revising paper 1 as thats where i make most of my mistakes

ReputationRep:
    english lang just do the antholgy poems and try and make your own interpretation of each poem
    Eng lit do the same with carol/duffy/armitage poems. Every year markers get fed up of seeing the same thing written on a paper from the revsion guide. But if u include ur interpretation and what u fink this stanza means and what dis word means you will defo get A* truss

ReputationRep:
    paper 1 is NOT on aqa website???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DynamicZ_1403)
    english lang just do the antholgy poems and try and make your own interpretation of each poem
    Eng lit do the same with carol/duffy/armitage poems. Every year markers get fed up of seeing the same thing written on a paper from the revsion guide. But if u include ur interpretation and what u fink this stanza means and what dis word means you will defo get A* truss
    Personally i struggle with English Lit even though i'm predicted an A*, i still find it hard.
    i've revise alot however i can't go above the B/A grade boundary. other tahn own interpretations what should i do? How should i structure my essays in a way which wil get me an A*?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    for an A* basically with the poems, like limbo and nothings Changed. the question says "How does these two poems show the theme of lonliness" so basically give a little description of limbo (whats it about) then nothings changed. so its like 1 then 2 then 1 then 2 then 1 2 1 2. Use words like "However in the poem...." In contrast to the poem.... Nonetheless the poem..... On the other hand, therfore, compared to, while, Then again. Keep it nice and simple but really effective when the person reads it. Make sure that ur intro betta be really good. Apparently its worth 10 marks in the aqa mark scheme.

ReputationRep:
    for an A* basically with the poems, like limbo and nothings Changed. the question says "How does these two poems show the theme of lonliness" so basically give a little description of limbo (whats it about) then nothings changed. so its like 1 then 2 then 1 then 2 then 1 2 1 2. Use words like "However in the poem...." In contrast to the poem.... Nonetheless the poem..... On the other hand, therfore, compared to, while, Then again. Keep it nice and simple but really effective when the person reads it. Make sure that ur intro betta be really good. Apparently its worth 10 marks in the aqa mark scheme.
    Really, 10 marks!
    i do the other cluster 2 poems, so thats the poems like search for my tongue, unrelated incidents and so forth.

ReputationRep:
    yeh there are do questions in the exam. Cluster 1 poem question or cluster 2 poem question. Basically i would learn all of cluster 1 and answer cluster 1 question instead of learing clustert 1 and 2. Its too many poems. Just revsise really hard on cluster 1 and and answer cluster 1 question.

ReputationRep:
    btw i'm not sure about the overall grade because aqa use a formula for raw marks into UMS. and i'm not sure what that is so i cant help u about that sorryyy

ReputationRep:
    yeh there are do questions in the exam. Cluster 1 poem question or cluster 2 poem question. Basically i would learn all of cluster 1 and answer cluster 1 question instead of learing clustert 1 and 2. Its too many poems. Just revsise really hard on cluster 1 and and answer cluster 1 question.
    I wasn't taught cluster 1, just cluster 2.

ReputationRep:
    oh right yeh then learn cluster 2. Goodluck

ReputationRep:
    oh right yeh then learn cluster 2. Goodluck
    yup. u too!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, i'm going to sit my English GCSE
    I have a low B for my coursework .
    what grade would i need to get in the summer to secure an A grade; and could i get an A*?
    im on the AQA exam board .
    Thanks.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 13, 2011

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.