Additional science: A*
    Philosophy (Short course): A*
    Citizenship (Short course): A+
    Maths: B
    AS level ICT (Started course in year 10): B
    French: B
    English Lit: B
    English Lang: B

I would like to do either biology (marine biology maybe) or history, what university would you suggest? Depending if i got all A's at A-Level? Obviously I'm not good enough for Cambridge etc.
    Top 10 universities:
    1 Oxford
    2 Cambridge
    3 Imperial College
    4 London School of Economics
    5 Warwick
    6 University College London
    7 York
    8 Durham
    9 St Andrews
    10 Loughborough

ReputationRep:
    It depends what you want from a university and which ones you like the look of and the course they offer.

Do you want to live at home? Move somewhere close or really far away? Do you want to be in the city or the countryside? Are rankings and prestige more or less important than your happiness?

ReputationRep:
    GCSE's dont matter to much, unless you want to do medicine etc, apply anywhere you like, and make sure you look at the entry requirements of course - all you need is on each uni's website.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by multiplexing-gamer)
    Citizenship (Short course): A+
    Maths: A-
    :lolwut: The UK system doesn't have A+ or A-.

I would like to do either biology (marine biology maybe) or history, what university would you suggest? Depending if i got all A's at A-Level?
    Get your 4 As and then we'll talk.

You can't know from someone's GCSEs how well they'll do at A2. Some people cram like hell for GCSEs, can't keep it up at AS, and get CCCC; some people laze around during their GCSEs, suddenly find motivation in Y12, and get A*A*A*A*. Even more relevantly, you can't know from someone's GCSEs what sort of university course they'd be suited to or what tier of university they'd impress.

Look at your current AS grades and A2 predictions, look at universities whose standard offer is around those, and think about where you'd be happiest - campus or city etc.

(Original post by kerily)
    :lolwut: The UK system doesn't have A+ or A-.

Get your 4 As and then we'll talk.

You can't know from someone's GCSEs how well they'll do at A2. Some people cram like hell for GCSEs, can't keep it up at AS, and get CCCC; some people laze around during their GCSEs, suddenly find motivation in Y12, and get A*A*A*A*. Even more relevantly, you can't know from someone's GCSEs what sort of university course they'd be suited to or what tier of university they'd impress.

Look at your current AS grades and A2 predictions, look at universities whose standard offer is around those, and think about where you'd be happiest - campus or city etc.
    I meant that it would be a high A or low A etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by multiplexing-gamer)
    I meant that it would be a high A or low A etc.
    :teehee: Nobody is bothered about what UMS grades you got at GCSE; you don't even indicate those on your UCAS application (well, I suppose you could, but it'd be overkill). Nobody will know if you got a high A or a low A, nor will they really care.

ReputationRep:
    GCSEs do matter to the top institutions, for example at Cambridge (For engineering anyway) they expect outstanding grades at GCSEs, remember the Top students go here many with all A*s and As, the GCSES can be used to narrow down their selection.

And from what i see at ur GCSEs (considering you get As at A level) your probably more likely to get into a Biology course then history since your sciences are an A and English is on a B which is important for History.

But do what you want and will enjoy, that's the most important thing.

bump

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.