Turn on thread page Beta

Okay, so I know this is really random, but I'm applying for a job in a restaurant and it says that when I have filled out the application form I should take this, along with my CV and proof of eligibility to work into the restaurant...

What do I do with it, do I ask to see someone or....

and what should I wear, do I need to look smart, or doesn't it matter?

and..... should I go alone or with a friend?

I know I'm pathetic, but I'm clueless, please help!

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    MAKE SURE YOU ASK TO SPEAK TO THE MANAGER (or senior staff member) AND DON'T HAND TO IT A RANDOM EMPLOYEE.

^^ sorry for the capitals, but its important lol. I once made the mistake of handing my CV (which the manager had asked me to bring round) to a random chef having a fag outside. Never heard from them again.

Don't worry about looking smart (though clean would be good) and bring a friend if you want, it won't affect whether they hire you or not.

(Original post by 0907714)
    It's completely random to post a topic about applying for a job, in the careers and employment section. I KNOW!

I have a question for you:

Do you think first impressions count?
    Yes, but there is such a thing as overdressed...

I didn't know where else to put it... the difference between handing in a form to get you employed, and employment seems pretty small to me.

I'm not completely stupid, but i'm not very confident and so I dont want to make a fool of myself by doing something stupid.

(Original post by Deutsch_Beth)
    MAKE SURE YOU ASK TO SPEAK TO THE MANAGER (or senior staff member) AND DON'T HAND TO IT A RANDOM EMPLOYEE.

^^ sorry for the capitals, but its important lol. I once made the mistake of handing my CV (which the manager had asked me to bring round) to a random chef having a fag outside. Never heard from them again.

Don't worry about looking smart (though clean would be good) and bring a friend if you want, it won't affect whether they hire you or not.
    Thanks

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.