The Student Room Group

I'm scared of summer...

... because it means dresses, strappy tops, shorts etc.

I absolutely hate my body. I don't have one thing I like about it. I actually disgust myself, and I don't know why any man looking at me would find me attractive.

My hair is greasy ALL the time, like a couple of hours after I wash it, my skin is spotty, I never got spots when I was in my teens, but now they attack!

I have stretchmarks everywhere, including on my arms. I didn't even know you could get stretchmarks on your arms!!

I am so overweight it's ridiculous. I can't even walk without breaking into a sweat. The thing is, in clothes I can kinda get away with it, you might think 'she's overweight' but you wouldn't think the clothes size I wear is actually my size.

I used to be so much prettier when I was younger, and the ironic thing is that I was really self-conscious back then, where right now I would kill for that body back.

When I was less heavy, I had a Kim Kardashian type figure, I am never going to be a Keira Knightley type, I will always be bigger, but I don't want to be like this anymore.

I actually got a pilonidal sinus, which I had to have surgery on, so swimming and cycling, my two favourite sports are out the window right now. I can't go to the gym or swimming until I lose a bit of weight. Ironic thing is that I had just bought a exercise bike when I had to get this surgery.

I know it can be done, and I love healthy food, my problem is purely psychological.
Reply 1
I can't quite understand what you want from posting this, since you haven't asked any questions.
Pass me an e-mail with the picture of yourself and I will give you my honest opinion. If it gonna help you. Otherwise I don't see the sense of posting this :smile:
Reply 3
How much exercise can you still do? Walking can make a difference to weight loss. Also if you're already eating "healthy food" (though that is a highly ambiguous term) then cutting down the portion sizes should also make a difference. Summer's not here yet, you have some time.
If you really want to avoid wearing shorts etc, then wear long pretty dummer dresses with a cardigan, or long floaty skirts and tops, etc. Just because it's summer doesn't mean you have to wear little outfits.

Also, I'm sure you're exaggerating, dont worry as much as you do, try to enjoy the summer, before it ends.
Reply 5
Instead os shorts and strappy tops, try maxi dresses or skirts or baggy trousers.
Reply 6
Original post by VictoriaG
I can't quite understand what you want from posting this, since you haven't asked any questions.

Sorry, I knew that when I was writing, but I guess I didn't really know what I wanted apart from a vent.

Original post by Blueflare
How much exercise can you still do? Walking can make a difference to weight loss. Also if you're already eating "healthy food" (though that is a highly ambiguous term) then cutting down the portion sizes should also make a difference. Summer's not here yet, you have some time.

Thanks. I had a talk with my boyfriend and we're going to go for walks together, and once I heal up I will be back on the bike.

Original post by Uzzy?
Instead os shorts and strappy tops, try maxi dresses or skirts or baggy trousers.

Thanks, but what kind of baggy trousers can i wear that won't add extra inches on?

Original post by Chocolate219
If you really want to avoid wearing shorts etc, then wear long pretty dummer dresses with a cardigan, or long floaty skirts and tops, etc. Just because it's summer doesn't mean you have to wear little outfits.

Also, I'm sure you're exaggerating, dont worry as much as you do, try to enjoy the summer, before it ends.

Lol, thanks, I'm not exaggerating, I need a kick up the backside but thanks for the kind words.
weathers like a pair of boxers! u neva know what your going t get. thread/
Reply 8
Matey, relax I'm the same as you, although granted without the spots (thank god). I'm always the last to take my shirt off or anything of the sort. You're not alone!

Unfortunately, I am always the one who feels the heat the most but wants to keep my clothes on, dammit!
(edited 13 years ago)
I am the exact same...
You don't need to do intense exercise. My mom got diabetes [type 2] and through cutting down portion size, eating healthily, not snacking and doing a brisk walk once a day (she's had bad injuries to her ankles so was limited on her exercise), she dropped from 14stone to 9stone in a little over a year [so healthy time frame].
What's your motivation? Your better health and figure. This post. What more should you need?
Reply 11
I'm not looking forward to proper summer either, cos I put on weight recently and haven't lost it yet, plus I'm really REALLY pale so it'll be an endless summer of fake tanning.... urghh.
There are summer clothes that will make you look alright though, like you can wear little shrugs over sleeveless tops to cover the tops of your arms, longer skirts or dresses, tops that are tighter on the bust then looser on the stomach, tunic tops, and those loose linen-type trousers that are really light. Just go for flowy instead of tight and skimpy! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest