Turn on thread page Beta

Does religion or (lack of it) influence your attitude to abortion? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanGrover)
    Hahaha, Ferret gets pos rep for making me laugh. Yawn, sort it out son!
    Yawn is female...but you knew that didn't you? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John82)
    A woman could get pregnant from a toilet seat if she sat down before her partner stood up!

If a woman was using contraception she would have made the choice not to get pregnant anyway. I'm not necessarily against an abortion when contraception has failed. Also, an abstinent woman could be raped.
    Why do people always bring this up? I wonder how many women get pregnant as a result of a rape attack in the UK each year? About 10?

That and the "split condom" conversation seem to creep into every abortion thread with predictable regularity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squibalicious)
    But thats where religion plays a part. In some religions, as you may know, sex happens to get pregnant once married and that is all.
    Like a miracle? Followers of these faiths are miraculous virgins until they get married and then miraculously only have sex in order to procreate and that is all.

I don't think so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    I wonder how many women get pregnant as a result of a rape attack in the UK each year? About 10?
    1 in 200 according to that rape thread. Pure *******s IMO but thought I'd point out the lengths to which some people go to prove their point. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Socs just to say even though I've tried not to look at the eye couldn't you get a better avater? It's really freaky, like getting drawn into it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Socrates)
    How can we know for sure? Maybe "she" is like Vienna.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spk)
    Like a miracle? Followers of these faiths are miraculous virgins until they get married and then miraculously only have sex in order to procreate and that is all.

I don't think so.
    Thats how it is supposed to be in theory, and did happen usually back in the day. Not sure it is practised as religiously these days. Probably not.

--------------

(Original post by spk)
    How can we know for sure? Maybe "she" is like Vienna.
    I'll take her word for it

--------------

(Original post by Poison Ivy)
    Socs just to say even though I've tried not to look at the eye couldn't you get a better avater? It's really freaky, like getting drawn into it.
    Damn - I've been worked out. *slaps head*

:p:

ReputationRep:
    Turn of phrase.

Another case solved by DanGrover, attorney in practice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanGrover)
    Turn of phrase.

Another case solved by DanGrover, attorney in practice!
    Just checking
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I wonder how many women get pregnant as a result of a rape attack in the UK each year? About 10?
    A .02% pregnancy rate?! Sure beats the pill!

ReputationRep:
    Sowwieeeeee :angel:

ReputationRep:
    Why do people always bring this up? I wonder how many women get pregnant as a result of a rape attack in the UK each year? About 10?
    I only brought it up because some sarcastic person suggested I meant abstinence when I said a woman should choose to use contraception if she didn't want to get pregnant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spk)

I don't think so.
    Did not say all but there are a few like it and that is fact.
    Alot of people really follow religion believe it or not. an ex of mine certainly did. We never had intercourse for he believed it was wrong untill he was married and it was only for use of creating a child. Because I wasn't a virgin i was the devil. i got a bit freaked out by it all. Strange but true. We didn't last..... not my scene.
    Yes I am getting married in a few months but he wasn't the one.

ReputationRep:
    Sowwieeeeee :angel:
    How about the new one?

ReputationRep:
    How about the new one?
    I like!!!!

Anyway on the topic what would happen if someone got pregnant by rape and didn't want to keep the baby but had to due to religion? (has this been asked? I'm not bothered to read the whole thread!)

OR

What if someone got pregnant and did wnat to keep the baby but couldn't due to religion?

ReputationRep:
    Anyway on the topic what would happen if someone got pregnant by rape and didn't want to keep the baby but had to due to religion? (has this been asked? I'm not bothered to read the whole thread!)

OR

What if someone got pregnant and did wnat to keep the baby but couldn't due to religion?
    What's the question?

Surely in both cases, the person should do what they want to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morningtheft)
    Uhhhhhhh.. who said that?
    Yeah, think I mis-read something somewhere.

(Original post by morningtheft)
    Not everyone chooses to get pregnant...

(Unless you're of the "if you choose to have sex, you are automatically choosing to get pregnant" camp)
    If you choose to have sex without contraception, then I would say you're choosing to get pregnant. If a woman I was about to have sex with said she didn't want to use any contraception, my simple logic would tell me she must want a child. I would get any non-intercourse sex I could get, then run!

ReputationRep:
    But what if they believed in their religion too much, were too committed to it then?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    But what if they believed in their religion too much, were too committed to it then?
    It's obviously their choice to decide between what their religion wants and what they want.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmmm

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.