Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    at least according to my school...they speaking lies or do i seriously have to shell out nearly £100 or whatever the heck it is for a passport for any chance of financial support for university?
    why the heck would they need your passport for assessing financial stuff anyway?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    You don't. A passport is the easiest way to confirm your identity as you only need the number rather than posting anything off to them. However, you can use other documents if you don't have a passport.

ReputationRep:
    What other documents can i use?
    pretty much all i have is a national security number and a birth certificate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by almasy)
    What other documents can i use?
    pretty much all i have is a national security number and a birth certificate.
    original birth certificate and completed birth registration form is fine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onlyskin)
    original birth certificate and completed birth registration form is fine!
    THIS
    I can't believe that some people think you can't go to uni without a passport!

OP it is a very easy way they can prove you are entitled to finance as a home student.

ReputationRep:
    You can send your original birth certificate in to prove your identity, however you'll have to send it with a birth certificate form countersigned by someone who can confirm your identity (e.g. teacher, doctor, etc.) You can download the birth certificate form and a a list of acceptable countersigners from the DirectGov student finance website.

University open days

1. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  3. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.