Turn on thread page Beta

Subjects you wish you had chosen to study, but didn't watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm studying Biochemistry at uni and whilst i love the subject soo much, i sometimes wish i was studying a subject like pharmacy or optometry aka ones which have a clear career path after graduation.

ReputationRep:
    wish i would have picked further maths...might have gotten into lse then!

ReputationRep:
    Mechanical engineering or electronic engineering ... or any engineering to be honest.

Instead Im doing Economics and Business&Management

_(._.)_

ReputationRep:
    Wish I'd done English Lit instead of Maths
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Teveth)
    I sometimes think to myself how much I would love to be studying physics at university. I just find it so interesting and I'm jealous of some of my friends who study science subjects. I blame my old school, in a way. I only achieved a B at GCSE physics, and I got the impression from my teachers that only the very best students would cope with it at A-level, so I was discouraged from taking it. Now I realise that that was a load of ****, as people develop intellectually at different speeds. Ah well.
    You're missing out tbf. Physics is excellent at uni

I wish I'd taken further maths properly at A level rather than as an afterthought and only as an additional AS in my second year.

I don't regret doing physics at university at all, but if I wasn't doing physics I'd probably be doing maths, geology or physical geography.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I wish I'd taken Maths and Physics.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I'm one of those people that would be happy doing a lot of subjects, so I guess I miss doing a lot. I don't really have a clear future plan ATM which is annoying
    I miss doing Biology, Physics , Spanish and also wish I'd done Economics.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I seriously love my subject, no regrets. The only thing I would like would be the opportunity to take an elective course in history of medicine or some sort of history/politics/psychology/social science.

ReputationRep:
    Plant sciences, doing my third year project on paper science has shown just how interesting plants are and their many uses.

ReputationRep:
    Wish I'd done physics or history instead of chemistry at A-level, and also further maths.

ReputationRep:
    I like my subject but a part of me wishes I'd down a more technical, scientific subject because they are more employable generally.

ReputationRep:
    I really wish I could go back, I'd honestly change all of my A-level choices and my university degree.

I graduated from a humanities course, but decided to study A-level Biology part time while working and I absolutely loved it. I really wish I did it in sixth form. I feel quite sad that I've just got a taste for it, but couldn't feasibly go on to study it at uni. It would certainly have been my degree of choice had I studied it when I was in school. Sigh

So yeah if I could go back I'd do that plus Chemistry and Home Economics.

ReputationRep:
    I wish that I had studied French or Philosophy; I feel that Philosophy in particular would have really complimented my other subjects (English Lit, Psychology, Sociology and Geography) - and I would love to have done French to further enrich my language skills - I loved it at GCSE!

ReputationRep:
    I wish I took French and music in GCSE.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I wish I'd taken Spanish GCSE. But because of some bizarre rule, I would have had to have taken French too and wouldn't have been able to have done ICT.

ReputationRep:
    I studied genetics at undergrad and I'm doing my PhD in genetics but I've always wished I could have studied earth science or geology.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I studied media for undergrad but I've always regretted not doing the degree I was supposed to do which was classics. Now hoping to rectify that by studying medieval studies.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    English lit and French
    English lit and French
    English lit and French
    ENGLISH LIT AND FREEEEENCH!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm happy that I study mathematics, and I wouldn't change anything. I do wish I could carry on studying it after PhD (I am doing that at the moment actually).

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 13, 2015
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.