Turn on thread page Beta

Subjects you wish you had chosen to study, but didn't watch

ReputationRep:
    I took ICT instead of chemistry...now i wish i stuck with chemistry because i have to do a foundation course at uni to do my chosen degree of Human Dietetics :s lol

ReputationRep:
    Wish I'd taken Bio, Chem, Maths and Economics and done VetMed

ReputationRep:
    Business.
    I don't know why but I've always felt I've had a bit of 'business' buried deep inside me.

ReputationRep:
    Wish I'd done an ALevel in French, would love to have another language and it would make studying abroad so much easier.

ReputationRep:
    Chinese !!!!

ReputationRep:
    I wish I'd gone to a school where you could do Latin/Classics/Classical Civilization or something, at least to GCSE.

There's also a part of me that wishes I'd done Physics to AS level and continued Maths to A2, although I know deep down I wouldn't have been good enough.

Ah well. I'm fine with what I did do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markrush)
    Maths A level....a first class physics degree took a hellish amount of work without it.
    Out of interest, how did you get on a physics course without A level maths? And what uni did you go to? I ask because I also didn't take maths and now want to do physics at uni. Currently self-teaching maths to A2 in my gap year and its a hell of a lot of work!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ily_em)
    wow harsh, I imagine history and English lit is quite a common combination that people want to do. Was there seriously only one class for each in your college though?? :lolwut:
    Basically my college has two centres, there's the main site and then my centre which was created for the students of my area. If I'd wanted to have done History I'd have had to have done it at the main site. I would have done that (and I did for my fourth as till I dropped it) but the main site is notoriously difficult to get to, over an hour and a half on the bus. So I could have done History if I liked, but getting up at six for a morning class and getting home at six from an afternoon class put me off. In retrospect I wish I'd sucked it up and done it, but it's too late now! :p:

ReputationRep:
    a level economics and a level philosophy. damn biology and chemistry D;

ReputationRep:
    Wish I'd taken German in GCSE...
    At A-Level I wish I'd taken the combination of History, English Lit, French and Classics (school don't do that though).

ReputationRep:
    Wish I'd done GCSE and A Level History.

ReputationRep:
    Psychology, Theology and possibly Midgeteology......but ah well

ReputationRep:
    Art English physics ^__^

ReputationRep:
    I think I wish I'd studied Sciences at A Level and then maybe do a Forensics degree/course :dontknow: I find myself being fascinated with all things 'gruesome' and yes, I love CSI. However loving a TV show does not equate to a career I suppose :p:

I have a love for English Language and pursuing it as a hobby wouldn't satisfy it, I'm not unhappy with my choice in the slightest. I enjoy the fact that I'm great with English and all things associated with that whereas my boyfriend is great with numbers and 'sciencey' things

We've made the choices we've made for a reason I guess!

ReputationRep:
    Film Studies as my minor in the first year instead of ****ty Linguistics. Maybe I would've liked it.

ReputationRep:
    I wish I'd taken full course Spanish GCSE instead of the short course that was compulsory and only got you half a GCSE. I then wish I'd taken Spanish at A Level instead of German. Oh and sometimes I wonder whether I should have applied to do Law or History at uni, I'm full of the what ifs hah

ReputationRep:
    I did Maths, Physics, ICT and History A level.

Kinda wish I'd done Further Maths - It's biting me in the ass not having done it now that I'm doing a Maths and Physics degree, and it would have been a greater challenge for my A level. I like maths, and generally I didn't find ordinary Maths course too difficult (not in a arrogant 'know it all' type of way), and it really would have helped for my degree currently.

Chemistry may have helped too. But I was terrible at it at GCSE. Honestly, I remember barely anything about my History A level (which I finished less than a year a ago) and I could have easily swapped that for anything else.

ReputationRep:
    in first year of college I should have taken five AS' and taken Classics, as when I dropped French after that year and picked up Classics I got a really high A!! I should've taken the five and not had as many free's, AND resat my AS summer English exam... Hindsight is a wonderful thing aye!

ReputationRep:
    I wish I studied philosophy for AS instead of biology as I think it would have been far more interesting but o well....

ReputationRep:
    Wish I'd done Classics for A Level! I wanted to take it as an extra AS this year but it clashed with every one of my subjects, worse luck. Also kind of wish I'd done History instead of Geoggers at GCSE, but not majorly.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 13, 2015
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.