Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Maths and sciences to be honest...

Oh and I wish I didn't do P.E and media at GCSE. I only did it because my friends were doing it :/

ReputationRep:
    I hugely wish I had done A Level maths. Now there is a wide array of interesting subjects which I have no chance of doing.

ReputationRep:
    Psychology/Business instead of German A level, but hey! I believe there is good behind everything, so meh, German is/might be a good choice at the end.

ReputationRep:
    History and German instead of Physics and Biology.

ReputationRep:
    Im exactly the same as you! I wish I chose History and R.S instead of chem and bio. damn my dentist dream also

now im doing law anyway which was also a choice of mine before failing to get into dentistry and history/ r.s would have probably been more useful!
    :highfive:

ever get the feeling that if you had picked those subjects then life would be better? :emo:

oh well! At least we're doing subject we actually enjoy at university

(Original post by street.lovin')
    Maybe because of the fees that are increasing next year?
    Surely it's worth it if it's what he wants to do?

ReputationRep:
    Wish I took further maths instead of Chemistry.
    By the end of my AS id grown to hate chemistry and love maths.

ReputationRep:
    wish i could have done further maths

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jtking3000)
    same!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mya369)
    Out of interest, how did you get on a physics course without A level maths? And what uni did you go to? I ask because I also didn't take maths and now want to do physics at uni. Currently self-teaching maths to A2 in my gap year and its a hell of a lot of work!
    Keele Astrophysics. At the time top 5 in Europe until they stripped funding for a lot of department, grumble. Basically made them sure I could do it, persistence and showing I could do it.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faith01)
    Psychology/Business instead of German A level, but hey! I believe there is good behind everything, so meh, German is/might be a good choice at the end.
    It certainly turned out that way for me!

ReputationRep:
    wish i had stuck with my initial choice of Physics at A-level but went for Economics instead cos it sounded fancy and thought it was interesting even though i never really researched it properly :rolleyes: could have given me so many more options later on..

ReputationRep:
    Wish I'd done Philosophy and Ethics A-Level instead of goddamn Geography...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teveth)
    Why is that?
    Because you can more easily get into an engineering job!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jtking3000)
    Further maths would have made Uni easier for me... Stupid school

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    It certainly turned out that way for me!
    Hopefully for me too A2 is getting much harder though *sigh*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Addzter)
    I regret not taking English Lit, History, and Philosophy. I would change all of my A Level choices if I could go back in time.
    ALAN PARTRIDGE!!! Now he is ****ing brilliant. That's all I have to say.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't have minded doing Philosophy at A-Level, it interests me greatly - particularly the debates which go with the subject. But I have an offer from the university I've been set on going to so I guess it's neither here nor there.

ReputationRep:
    I wish I had of taken Midwifery instead of Criminology. Ah well. Too late now.

ReputationRep:
    Wish I'd taken French instead of Graphics (though I'm doing it next year so all is not lost! )

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.