Turn on thread page Beta

Subjects you wish you had chosen to study, but didn't watch

• PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Every subject, except for languages - well maybe one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhoenixFortune)
    I wish I hadn't picked A Level Chemistry (I dropped it after a few weeks as it wasn't what they said it would be), and had taken History instead, though the History A Level classes at my school were huge. Then I could have dropped Human Biology which was taught awfully.

I've always wanted to study my degree course, though I am a bit envious of Arts courses that have 3 hours contact time as opposed to my 18 hours.
    I only have 10 hours contact time but the amount of reading I have to do is ridiculous - we arts students don't get it easy, don't worry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emeleh)
    Aaah same... except the criminology!
    I love my degree, but every time I watch One Born Every Minute it makes me a bit sad inside that it's not me
    Same! I watch one born every minute and get sad because it's not me.......being a midwife looks like a job where you can get some satisfaction from - share that special moment with people. Damn why didn't I do it? :banghead: .......and then when the baby is born on that programme I always cry haha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xCHiiBiEverlastingx)
    My favourite is "Heeeeeeeeeurghh. Lynn I've pierced me foot on a spaaiiiiike." :rofl:
    Oh god he has me in stitches just thinking about it. Coogan is legend :') also that emoticon is so, so typically Partridge!
    Haha, I love the foot on a spike scene! And " No way you bloody *******, YOU'RE A MENTALIST!" :lol:

Did you watch him on Comic Relief? :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    Wish I'd done Law at A-Level.

ReputationRep:
    I wish I done Geography at A-Level.

I actually have no idea at all as to why I didn't choose it.

ReputationRep:
    I still LOVE the subjects I'm doing now, but I REALLY wish I hadn't dropped French, and that I was doing it now, also History to an extent, definitely Philosophy and Classical Civilisation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rugbyladosc)
    whats wrong with History and Politics?
    Eh? I said I would do them, I'd like to have done them lol.. school didn't give us much guidance so my choices were a bit random

Maths is the one I have a problem with

ReputationRep:
    IGCSE History instead of PE
    and a language at GCSE...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thelooby94)
    What are the chances of being able to switch to medicine after a year if you were top of class because I want to do that when I got to uni and I'm willing to work as hard as is needed
    Doesn't happen (I know it does, but it's not official so never rest your hopes on it). If you start a degree, then expect to finish it in three years time. Medicine frowns upon anyone applying while studying another degree.

ReputationRep:
    I like what I'm studying at uni now, but sometimes I wonder what would have happened if I had picked to study English lit, psychology or Art at university instead.
    I would have liked to have done maths and history at A level as well.

ReputationRep:
    If I could do it all again, I'd read Classics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Addzter)
    Haha, I love the foot on a spike scene! And " No way you bloody *******, YOU'RE A MENTALIST!" :lol:

Did you watch him on Comic Relief? :pierre:
    What episode/ scene's that from? I'm afraid I'm not as avid a fan as you are

Yes I caught a snippet of it. I have to say I was quite disappointed with what I saw, but then again I didn't watch the full sketch. Comic Relief's never funny anyway.. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Oh there are so many...

Wish I could be doing Anglo-Saxon, Norse and Celtic or Classics at uni.. :sad:

Instead I'm doing Geography

ReputationRep:
    Now looking back, really wish I chose Physics.....in GCSE's i got an A for Gateway Science, but thought doing Chemistry and Biology, all 3 sciences would have been too much, now looking back, really wished I had taken it for A Level (photonss!!!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markrush)
    Maths A level....a first class physics degree took a hellish amount of work without it.
    :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I wish that I had chosen Philosophy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teveth)
    I sometimes think to myself how much I would love to be studying physics at university. I just find it so interesting and I'm jealous of some of my friends who study science subjects. I blame my old school, in a way. I only achieved a B at GCSE physics, and I got the impression from my teachers that only the very best students would cope with it at A-level, so I was discouraged from taking it. Now I realise that that was a load of ****, .
    Yeah. I got a B at GCSE chem, then an A at A2.

Follow you heart!

ReputationRep:
    I was happy with my choice of A Level subjects (bio, chem, eng lit + AS history, critical thinking). Wish I could have taken Spanish AS as well instead of critical thinking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by failingatm)
    You want to do medicine right?

What's it like not being a sub anymore, Jonny? :holmes:
    Yeah but things seem a bit :getmecoat: ish
    I may study med elsewhere in Europe or get an MChem in Medicinal Chemistry and apply as a grad.

Feels quite empty actually :cry: But I am going to renew my sub. I just forgot when the money was coming out of my current account for the PayPal Subscription.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.