Turn on thread page Beta

Okay, so I know this is really random, but I'm applying for a job in a restaurant and it says that when I have filled out the application form I should take this, along with my CV and proof of eligibility to work into the restaurant...

What do I do with it, do I ask to see someone or....

and what should I wear, do I need to look smart, or doesn't it matter?

and..... should I go alone or with a friend?

I know I'm pathetic, but I'm clueless, please help!

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    They told you what to do, infact you've told yourself what to do in this thread. God help you.

ReputationRep:
    Look smart- you need to make the right impression.
    Say, "hello, can I speak to the manager please"- it would be better if you spoke directly to them to hand in the form and make an impression. Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    Wear something smart/casual not too smart but not scruffy.
    Take your form, cv and everything else in your bag - keep it al together and nice and neat, so you dont have to mess about trying to find it when you get there.
    Just say something like ' hi I am not sure who I am suppose to speak to but I wonder if you could help me. I'm ........ and I'm here to apply for the job of ......., I have got all the forms with me.
    Stay calm, smile, be polite and friendly. Try not to seem nervous (even if you are!) Be confident!
    Good luck, you will be fine x

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.