This discussion is closed.
the_passenger
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
hey, does anyone kno if its ok to change your university choices and if its too late now?

i sent my ucas form off in october, and i have 4 of my replies back now. all with conditional offers.
however, ive been looking at other places lately, and i really want to change one of my choices.
does anyone kno how i should go about that? do i contact ucas or the universities directly?

if anyone can help, it will be much appreciated!

thankyou!
wizard
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I don't think that it's possible but what you could do, is to decline your offers and wait until March 16 when UCAS extra starts. (If you re mostly interested in the places you ve been looking at lately)
researcher
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
It's a bit of a gamble. To apply anywhere else you have to decline your current offers and getting another will depend on what is still available. I don't know how many people get a place with UCAS extra.
My daughter changed her mind during her gap year - very late, in June. She contacted the unis about the courses in which she was interested and found out what courses still had places. In her case, she already had her grades. She then had to cancel her offer and reapply through UCAS and got the place she wanted. However, she was certain she didn't want to study her original choice so the gamble was worth it. Had she not got a place she'd have had to take her chances through clearing.
wizard
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Extra service becomes available to eligible applicants on 03/16. There will be a list of the available courses on the UCAS website. The earlier you apply the more chances you stand, being offered a place.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (211)
67.63%
No (101)
32.37%

Watched Threads