Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hh

ReputationRep:
    take them up for assult when the kick you

you won't need uni with all the money you receive for your 'injuries'

How did you get in this situation in the first place? Buy a dinosaur or something (I assume they're expensive)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kojack)
    PLEASE tell me what I can do, any ideas are very much welcome, thank you.
    Any hardship loans available from your university?

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried a crisis loan from your uni?

ReputationRep:
    Have you asked your parents? 365 isnt too much.

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh, a crisis lone, well I don't know if they'd do one for £265 would they? I guess it would depend on my university...
    They might do, but even if you only paid a little bit it might give you a bit more time.

ReputationRep:
    Have YOU tried contacting the accommodation people, telling them your circumstances? They'd probably let you pay when you have the money if you ask personally.

ReputationRep:
    There is a chance that they might do, I mean, they find out tomorrow, but in the meantime I'd like to explore every other option to avoid getting into a money situation with them.
    Man up, and ask them.

ReputationRep:
    Just received what looks like a final letter from my accommodation people saying that my contract with them is to be terminated on the 31st of March due to me owing them money.

They told me I hadn't paid for this term yet a couple of weeks ago, I paid them what I had at that time (£1000) and hoped they'd wait a few weeks whilst I got hold of the remaining £365, they told me as long as I showed that I was making an effort to pay they'd be fine with it, guess not.

I have £100 in my bank, Natwest still won't let me upgrade my overdraft another £250 because it's still term 2, my term 3 loan doesn't come in until May the 9th, if they'd have just waited a bit longer I could easily pay them off.

I can't get a credit card, they only do interest free credit cards for purchases not transfers and it probably wouldn't arrive in time.

A pay day loan is impossible as they don't let you have one without a job.

My parents find out tomorrow as I've been told (all via letters, no personal contact) that they've sent one to my house, no way will they lend me money to pay it off, they're just going to be very angry that I owe money in the first place.

PLEASE tell me what I can do, any ideas are very much welcome, thank you.
    As your walking out....
    1) "Trip" on a loose bit of carpet, and fall down the stairs.

2) If step one is complete... you will be in some pain

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.