Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So I have known a boy for about nine months, but only been really speaking to him for recently for a few weeks. When I first met him, a friend tried to set us up which was really awkward and I just hated it! Then he got a gf , but a couple of months ago they broke up. He started liking all my stuff on facebook, so I decided to start chatting.

He told my close guy friend that he liked me and wanted to have sex as they are friends. So he invited me to a party and we got very drunk. he found out i wasnt a virgin , which he thought i was! ended up kissing and a bit more and he was like i wanna be friends with benefits , but i didnt know what to do as i lost my virginty that way and the boy just ****ed me over! :/ but i think im going to go for it? he's not a total idiot, like i know i can trust him. It's just that everything is happening now to have a boyfriend: college, work, driving , uni stuff and going on holiday with the girls.

friends with benefits?

ReputationRep:
    Well you know it is only friends with benefits right? Like, a relationship probably won't come from this, so you might feel like how you felt before. If you find it difficult to keep sex and emotions separate then it's probably not a good idea.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Friends with benefits .... I doubt relationship will come from that to be honest. If you want to go for it and hope it will lead to a relationship then don't do it because it most likely wont. But if you want to just have sex and just have fun occasionnally then , probably yeah.. =.=

I wouldn't do it, personally. The only guy who I will have sex with needs to be the one that are in a relationship with me, for a period of time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    friends with benefits?
    A FWB is usually someone that you find sexually attracted to but are not interested in carrying it any further. Some find them handy to relieve their physical needs without having to resort to multiple ONS and being thought of as a ****.

They do occasionally result in a LTR but that is not the intent.

They may cause problems for females that have difficulties in separating sex from an emotional attachment. Some women find that having two or more FWB prevents the emotional attachment issues.

Best wishes,

ReputationRep:
    Go for it!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I got from this thread that people liking your stuff on facebook means you're in there. Lulwut

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 25, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.