Turn on thread page Beta

'Yoda' found in a tree in the Philippines watch

ReputationRep:

The remarkable animal shares many similarities with the diminutive character from the legendary sci-fi film series.

As he was trekking through the jungle in the Philippines, photographer Erik Mikhailov noticed the strange creature clinging to a nearby branch.

The animal - which is actually a Tarsier - immediately made sci-fi fan Erik think of one of his favourite Jedi characters from Star Wars.

It's not clear whether the animal used the Force to get into the tree but Erik decided the photo opportunity was too good to miss.

He said: 'I was walking through the jungle and then suddenly spied this little guy staring back at me, I'm a bit of a geek, and I thought "hey, he looks just like Yoda".

'At the time I didn't actually know what the creature was, we were deep in the rainforest and there was so much amazing wildlife to see.'

So cute. :love:

ReputationRep:
    The force is strong with this one. :bl:

ReputationRep:
    I want it!

ReputationRep:
    I can't decide whether that's cute or terrifying.

ReputationRep:
    It looks nothing like ****ing Yoda. That guy is a tosser.

ReputationRep:
    its so ****ing ugly

(looks like most british girls these days)

ReputationRep:
    Dye him green, and then not only will he look like Yoda, but he will be able to camoflage in the rainforest!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by air-ninety-one)
    its so ****ing ugly

(looks like most british girls these days)
    Because english men are any ****ing better. You want to open your eyes love.

On topic, that is absolutely adorable. :love:

ReputationRep:
    Look into its eyes...It looks evil.

ReputationRep:

Photograph my best side, one should.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SillyRodent)
    I want it!
    Erm... You wouldn't say that when you see how it eats! It just bites its prey's head off and it's gruesome to watch (or maybe it's just me lol)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cezz_18)
    Erm... You wouldn't say that when you see how it eats! It just bites its prey's head off and it's gruesome to watch (or maybe it's just me lol)
    Oh yeah actually I recall seeing a video where it was eating worms or something and it was pretty grim. Its OK I would feed it sweets.

ReputationRep:
    It looks like me when I've just woken up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SillyRodent)
    Oh yeah actually I recall seeing a video where it was eating worms or something and it was pretty grim. Its OK I would feed it sweets.
    Haha make sure you give it the gummy worms

ReputationRep:
    Yoda...it isn't green. It doesn't seem to be affecting everything near it with the force.

If it was the real Yoda the photographer would have wandered away going "This isn't the Yoda I'm looking for".

ReputationRep:
    Tarsier were the inspiration for the mogwai in Gremlins.

ReputationRep:
    Looks more like Gizmo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Svenjamin)
    Tarsier were the inspiration for the mogwai in Gremlins.
    Now that makes sense!

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTMf4...e_gdata_player

That's even better haha

ReputationRep:
    Be green, he should

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.