Turn on thread page Beta

Guys: would you ever hit a girl? watch

• View Poll Results: Guys, would you ever hit a girl given certain circumstances?
    Yes, depending on circumstances
    54.40%
    No, never
    45.60%

ReputationRep:
    If they really, really wound you up.

I haven't, and probably never will due to fear of what will happen.

ReputationRep:
    If they threw a punch first (as in, initiated a fight with me) then I probably would. But unless I thought they were a serious threat to my personal well being probably not.

I'd hit Pete Burns. Not really sure what that is any more.

ReputationRep:
    No, unless she came at me with a bottle.

ReputationRep:
    I believe in equal rights, so yes.

Seriously though, never, unless I seriously feared for my health, and as a last resort.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on whether I'm driving my rented lamborgini at the time.

_Kar.

ReputationRep:
    No No No.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by midpikyrozziy)
    I believe in equal rights, so yes.

Seriously though, never, unless I seriously feared for my health, and as a last resort.
    aww dats realy sweet!

ReputationRep:
    Spank dat ass

ReputationRep:
    Never, with the exception of Rebecca Black.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charll)
    aww dats realy sweet!
    I'm not sure that it's necessarily 'sweet' to not want to hit women, but thanks for the compliment anyway!

ReputationRep:
    ****-hit is what I say. Man up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charll)
    aww dats realy sweet!
    No it's not, it's naive. Women get away with all sorts - false rape claims etc- that a man would get lynched for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Celtic_Anthony)
    I hope nobody says 'yes'. Nobody, sitting at their computer screen able to think rationally, with a cool head, should be able to summon any justification for resorting to this action.

Unless, it seems, your imagination instantly summons images of a women bearing down on you intent to kill you. Something I don't think the OP had in mind...
    What if a girl was approaching you with a knife in her hands with the intent on serious injuring/murdering you and they was very little chance you could get away without having to get past her?

ReputationRep:
    no....

I would never hit a girl

unless she was gonna kill me or others...then yes

ReputationRep:
    Despite believing in equal rights, I would NEVER be able to hit a girl. I won't be able to live with myself doing that.

ReputationRep:
    I don't like violence at all. But I don't see why girls hypothetically can hot guys but not vice versa. Equal rights.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR BOGGINGS)
    No it's not, it's naive. Women get away with all sorts - false rape claims etc- that a man would get lynched for.
    yh but dat has nothing to do with anyfing so jog on lad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    But equally, rapists get away because there are women who are afraid to speak out.
    It's like you were reading my mind.

ReputationRep:
    Nope couldn't physically hit here goes against who I am

Though if she was trying to murder me with a chainsaw or something then I might do something :laugh:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 27, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.