Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Guys: would you ever hit a girl? Watch

• View Poll Results: Guys, would you ever hit a girl given certain circumstances?
    Yes, depending on circumstances
    54.40%
    No, never
    45.60%

ReputationRep:
    if she tries to mug me or pulled a knife, something like that, then i would break her jaw and not feel guilty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boobies.)
    Too far.
    Thats quite offensive - talking about murder victims that way.
    murder victims?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR BOGGINGS)
    No it's not, it's naive. Women get away with all sorts - false rape claims etc- that a man would get lynched for.
    They don't get away with them though. I'm pretty sure those who make false allegations can get into trouble?

ReputationRep:
    I'd hit a girl if she hit me first. The only thing preventing me would be ****ing white knights and fear of repercussion from other people. I can't understand why people think it's unjust to hit a girl if they hit you first? Even if you're far stronger than they are, girls should acknowledge this before attacking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charll)
    yh keep gettin warned for text speak lool but o well its the internet deal with it mate
    So what if it is the internet? It's stupid.

This is a student forum..........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by U.S Lecce)
    murder victims?
    30% of women should shut the **** up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kareir)
    Depends on whether I'm driving my rented lamborgini at the time.

_Kar.
    Rented? My butler laughs at you peasant. I'd say no. Of course there's the odd situation where you're life is at risk but if a woman is coming up at you with a hot iron, I'd want to get out of there and not to fight back!

ReputationRep:
    It's all about relative strength. I really don't see how some lads would say "Oh I'd never hit a girl" but they'd have no problem kicking the **** out of someone far weaker than them so long as they had a penis?
    There's no justification for picking fights with anyone you know can't fight back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Celtic_Anthony)
    They could, but I'm unsure on the DPP/PF's policy on prosecuting given that a)it's hard enough to get women to speak out without the threat of prosecution should their alleged attacker be found no guilty and b)the rate of conviction is ~5% or lower so we would be theoretically looking at prosecuting 95% of complainers, a lot of whom would probably were raped.
    Ohhhh, I never thought of that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CookieDoughLove)
    So what if it is the internet? It's stupid.

This is a student forum..........
    yehhhh shutup

ReputationRep:
    If they threw a punch at me, I'd probably restrain them, but I wouldn't physically strike them unless my life depended on it.

ReputationRep:
    If it's provocation then ignoring is the best course of action. If it's a matter of defending yourself then a simple block/defensive manoeuvre should do the trick. Nothing extreme.

ReputationRep:
    I have no problem hitting anyone who attacks me. That is all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boobies.)
    30% of women should have shut the **** up?
    Quote fail.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)

But equally, rapists get away because there are women who are afraid to speak out.
    Equally? Just because they're afraid to speak out (which I'm not saying is good, its far from) doesnt mean its okay to say that makes everything equal out. Thats just stupid

ReputationRep:
    only sissies hit girls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ritchie888)
    I'd hit Pete Burns. Not really sure what that is any more.
    Omg I had a face mask on and you made me crack it. I cracked up reading that.

i've hit a girl, in fact i've had numerous fights with this one girl. then again, i was a boy (about 8/9) and it turned out i liked her.

Never hit a woman to show that you like her.

p.s she also fought back, ah to be young again

p.p.s i dont mean to be young so i can go around hitting every girl that i liked.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't hit anyone just because they wound me up. But it would make no difference if it was a male or female came at me with a knife, or attacked me. They would get it in the face.

ReputationRep:
    OMG:eek: 50% would?¿

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 27, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.