Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    In a right pickle between Durham and York for psychology. I've heard/seen that Durham is the better uni rep wise and stuff, but York looks more lively and I think soically I'd be happier there. But is it dumb to turn down a uni that is classed as 'better'? HELP. The experience or the education?! Or if somebody could tell me what durham's nightlife is like, that would be swell

ReputationRep:
    Isn't it Durham that has the worst nightclub in Europe?! Maybe, but that's not the point. To be honest, there probably isn't much of a difference between going to Durham or York education-wise, theyre both great unis - and I always say to go to the University that you feel most at home at - you are there for 3 years after all!

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you focus more on the uni itself than the social life it supposedly has? Durham has a better reputation I believe.

And if you're that concerned, you can always get the train into Newcastle (15 mins) for a better social life.

ReputationRep:
    'best' and 'fun' are not exclusive concepts. Both universities are good and you'll get a good education at either. uni is what you make of it - you'll make friends in either. I have many friends at Durham who love it - i'm at york and love it. What course is it?

ReputationRep:
    Durham can also be a lot of fun - the college system makes sure you have an active social life

BUT ultimately you need to think about where you'll be happiest for the next three/four years

ReputationRep:
    I live in Durham, and the nightlife is great Loveshack and Lloyds are the best.. its usually always packed. Also, a lot of people go to Newcastle for nights out (bus there, taxi back) or Sunderland, which are absolutely phenomenal :P So your actually spoilt for choice. I've never been to York so can't comment on that!

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.