Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

who do you think had the most interesting life in history? Watch

ReputationRep:
    i was daydreaming for a while until i was struck by an epiphany. i wondered who had the most interesting life in history. what i mean by 'interesting' is how eventful their life was, the challenges they faced, other great people they met and their achievements. with this in mind i recalled my knowledge of the lives of great men and compared them to each other. using the criteria i developed i weeded out great candidates to find the very strongest.

1) Winston Spencer Churchill. Sir Winston had a very long life spanning 95 years; this gave him an opportunity to meet some of the greatest and most esteemed men of the 20th century. he worked with men like Roosevelt, Stalin, Lloyd George, John Maynard Keynes, Harry S Truman among many others. this gives him very high marks in my criteria for meeting great people. he gets very high marks because he also lived an extremely eventful life; he traveled the world (his most notable destinations being the Sudan, Cuba and South Africa where he earned a Victoria cross for gallantry. he had a very long parliamentary career, holding the Great Offices of State such as the Home office, chancellorship, culminating in two separate terms as prime minister. he also earns good marks for achievements (not the best in history but still very good) because he led the empire to final victory in WW2 and subsequently, helped shape the post-war world. he was a truly global statesman and a British icon indeed. however, his second premiership was rather anti-climatic and he could not influence domestic affairs as much as he should; most of that responsibility was held by R.A Butler and Harold Macmillan. however, this man's life is the best story i have ever come across.

runners up include: Caesar, Alexander, Stalin and Napoleon. i could not use religious figures because it is very difficult separate fact from fiction, i'm not saying that these men have faultless and completely correct histories but for the sake of some intellectual rigor i could not include religious figures.

many of you may disagree with my decision to choose but according to my criteria he had the most interesting life in history.

ReputationRep:
    the name that first came to me is evariste galois. way cooler than winston churchill certainly

ReputationRep:
    Mata Hari.

Speaking purely in terms of interestingness.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.