Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If she has a boyfriend is she unavailable even if we both like each other...? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hanaalou)
    isn't there like an unwritten rule that you shouldn't try get with someone elses gf :/
    I'm not trying to get with her, I want to tell her that I still have a crush on her and tell her exactly why I've been acting so strangely with her and then let her decide how to act...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deej3005)
    I'm not trying to get with her, I want to tell her that I still have a crush on her and tell her exactly why I've been acting so strangely with her and then let her decide how to act...
    I'd say that actually that is trying to get with her. respect the fact she has a boyfriend. by saying that you're only hoping she's going to come running back

ReputationRep:
    at the end of the day, the onus is on her, you're not at fault for showing interest in her, if she then dumps him for you, or cheats on him with you or whatever, it's her decision and her fault.

The guy is never the one to blame in these situations.

ReputationRep:
    Stay clear, respect other lads. Turn it round, if she was your girlfriend, would you be happy with other guys telling her they wanted to have a relationship with her or whatever?

If she wanted a relationship with you enough, she wouldn't be with him...Wait for her mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Basically, right at the start of Uni, I developed this crush on a rly pretty girl (pretty much straight after we met for the first time), who at the same time had a crush on me (she made this v. obvious-was definitely the case).

Now for aaages she tried to get me to talk to her/ flirt with her/ dance with her but I couldn't because I had complicated mental health problems.

Eventually, she started to pursue other guys (fair enough, she is v. pretty and had lots of guys going after her) and now she's got a boyfriend but at the same time I'm fairly sure she still has a crush on me, she just gave up on me because she wasn't getting anywhere.

Now she also knows that the reason why I acted so weirdly with her before and wasn't able to get to know her was because of mental health problems, which I am recovering from.

So what should I do? Is she out of bounds now that she has a boyfriend or should I make it clear that I still have feelings for her?
    I was thinking of waiting until I get back to normal and then showing interest in her, I'm pretty sure she still has a big crush on me, and I know her feelings for me are strong enough for it to be interfering with her new relationship.
    Imagine it was the other way round, you're her boyfriend and this guy she's seeing is in your situation, he makes a play for her, how do you feel now?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 25, 2011
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
    Discussions on TSR

• Latest
  • Personalise

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.