Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BluntForce)
    She did insult me. She claimed I would end up alone because no woman could love a man like me. That is quite an emotionally charged insult and quite vicious I might add.
    True. I could say that you had it coming to you after degrading the worth of her values, but I'll let it rest. No harm meant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emaemmaemily)
    It's not as bad as you think, it depends what part of the industry you are aiming for.

I didn't study music because it's "fun", another stupid assumption.
    You think you're much smarter than me? HA! You're full of assumptions based on no evidence that make you feel good.
    I would consider the complexity of the courses we study as evidence. You study music, I study mechanical engineering at a top ten ranked university. I'd imagine you have very weak mathematics and science. Although I'm sure your itunes list is arranged very well.

ReputationRep:
    I would consider the complexity of the courses we study as evidence. You study music, I study mechanical engineering at a top ten ranked university. I'd imagine you have very weak mathematics and science. Although I'm sure your itunes list is arranged very well.
    Again, you're just showing that you know nothing about Music. There's a lot more to it than popular music. There's a lot of theory, and a lot more academic study.
    I did very well in school, in all subjects. Again, making assumptions about me just to make yourself feel better.

Don't comment on a subject you know nothing about the complexities of (music), and I won't do it to you either.
    Grow up.

ReputationRep:
    I already admitted to a dig at the end... But it was actually based on facts. That most women in today's society won't take kindly to ridiculous views of them, including that their opinions are not valid simply because of their gender.
    Definitely not vicious, or emotional.
    This is based on the assumption I tell women, I'm involved with, this information and that all women share share the same taste in men that you do.

You'll find different women are attracted to different traits.

ReputationRep:
    Again, you're just showing that you know nothing about Music. There's a lot more to it than popular music. There's a lot of theory, and a lot more academic study.
    I did very well in school, in all subjects. Again, making assumptions about me just to make yourself feel better.

Don't comment on a subject you know nothing about the complexities of (music), and I won't do it to you either.
    Grow up.
    I know plenty about it, my friend studied it (he now works in unrelated tech support). It called condescension sweety.

ReputationRep:
    This is based on the assumption I tell women, I'm involved with, this information and that all women share share the same taste in men that you do.

You'll find different women are attracted to different traits.
    Yes I know that... But most in today's society aren't attracted to people who don't respect them at all. That was my point.
    If you don't respect their opinion, it would definitely come across at some point in your time together.
    But this is irrelevant really, unless you have something to talk to me about like an adult without insulting me I'd rather not talk to you any more.

ReputationRep:
    I know plenty about it, my friend studied it (he now works in unrelated tech support). It called condescension sweety.
    Your friend doing it doesn't mean you know anything about the subject. One of my close friends studies art, but I don't know anything about what she actually studies.
    Your friend's experience also doesn't prove a point about the entire industry or all of the people who study the subject.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodlepants)
    All Rapists/Paedophiles/Murderers (perhaps only people who've killed more than once) should be sentenced to death. Use Lie detectors/numerous trials/whatever makes it "fair".
    Save us some cash too...

Simples

EDIT: I just knew all the do-gooders would neg me.
    What the **** does being against the death penalty have to do with do-gooding?
    Im far from a do-gooder. But im against the death penalty.
    Its the ****ing easy option.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I know that... But most in today's society aren't attracted to people who don't respect them at all. That was my point.
    If you don't respect their opinion, it would definitely come across at some point in your time together.
    But this is irrelevant really, unless you have something to talk to me about like an adult without insulting me I'd rather not talk to you any more.
    I'd say the opposite is the truth; men who are aggressive and hyper masculine they often do very well with women.

In fact one time I was in a cue for a club and this guy annoyed me so I hit him. A girl who saw me hit this guy came up to me in the club and was all over me, just goes to show not all women think like you.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say the opposite is the truth; men who are aggressive and hyper masculine they often do very well with women.

In fact one time I was in a cue for a club and this guy annoyed me so I hit him. A girl who saw me hit this guy came up to me in the club and was all over me, just goes to show not all women think like you.
    I didn't say anything about aggression... Clearly.
    But again, I'd rather not talk to you if you have nothing worth-while to say.

ReputationRep:
    Your friend doing it doesn't mean you know anything about the subject. One of my close friends studies art, but I don't know anything about what she actually studies.
    Your friend's experience also doesn't prove a point about the entire industry or all of the people who study the subject.
    Well we had this same discussion and he was telling me how 'technical' it is. I laughed at him and low and behold he couldn't find a job.

It's a doss subject, 3 years of clubbing and day time tv. If you think otherwise you're deluding yourself. Maybe you can be my secretary (you better look pretty though).

ReputationRep:
    I didn't say anything about aggression... Clearly.
    But again, I'd rather not talk to you if you have nothing worth-while to say.
    So you think these hyper masculine guys are all feminists at heart? haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humanrights)
    the average sentence for a convicted murderer is 15 years......

the average sentence for a convicted rapist is 7 years........

so, life is cheap. but why?

or reverse argument.... wouldn't life be cheap if they were givin the death penalty

But i get your point

ReputationRep:
    Well we had this same discussion and he was telling me how 'technical' it is. I laughed at him and low and behold he couldn't find a job.

It's a doss subject, 3 years of clubbing and day time tv. If you think otherwise you're deluding yourself. Maybe you can be my secretary (you better look pretty though).
    Again, your one friend's experience doesn't prove anything.
    I have hardly any time for going out, and am NEVER in during the day time because of just how much time my degree takes up.
    Stop making stupid assumptions of people. You know nothing about it!

ReputationRep:
    There is so many liberal tossers on this forum

ReputationRep:
    Again, your one friend's experience doesn't prove anything.
    I have hardly any time for going out, and am NEVER in during the day time because of just how much time my degree takes up.
    Stop making stupid assumptions of people. You know nothing about it!
    But of course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humanrights)
    the average sentence for a convicted murderer is 15 years......

the average sentence for a convicted rapist is 7 years........

so, life is cheap. but why?
    It depends which side of the coin you're looking at. Maybe we value all forms of life, even those that have made mistakes and choose to not lock someone up for 40 or 50 years because it is inhumane to do so. I do think the British legal system lacks in some cases, for example repeatedly offending peodophiles should be removed from society for a very long time.

I would hate to see a legal system like the US where people are brutally killed by the state or locked away for a very long time. The truth is people make mistakes and may need help and guidance to overcome negative behaviour that might have developed as a result of a detrimental childhood. I know some people take the view that this is a waste of resources trying to mentally rewire someone who might have committed a henious crime like murder but my personal view is that everyone deserves a chance at life once they have developed the right personal skills and it is unfortunate, that their lack of social skills is sometimes expressed by an act that many view as unforgiveable.

As for the rights of the victims, it is very sad when something bad has happened to you but the way forward is forgiveness; 'An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind'.

I know t

ReputationRep:
    All Rapists/Paedophiles/Murderers (perhaps only people who've killed more than once) should be sentenced to death. Use Lie detectors/numerous trials/whatever makes it "fair".
    Save us some cash too...

Simples

At least one problem; lie detectors suck worse than Pamela Anderson on a boat.

ReputationRep:
    Save us some cash too...

Simples

If rape gets the death penalty how else are we meant to punish women?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ms_IB)
    It depends which side of the coin you're looking at. Maybe we value all forms of life, even those that have made mistakes and choose to not lock someone up for 40 or 50 years because it is inhumane to do so. I do think the British legal system lacks in some cases, for example repeatedly offending peodophiles should be removed from society for a very long time.

I would hate to see a legal system like the US where people are brutally killed by the state or locked away for a very long time. The truth is people make mistakes and may need help and guidance to overcome negative behaviour that might have developed as a result of a detrimental childhood. I know some people take the view that this is a waste of resources trying to mentally rewire someone who might have committed a henious crime like murder but my personal view is that everyone deserves a chance at life once they have developed the right personal skills and it is unfortunate, that their lack of social skills is sometimes expressed by an act that many view as unforgiveable.

As for the rights of the victims, it is very sad when something bad has happened to you but the way forward is forgiveness; 'An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind'.

I know t
    I don't agree with everything you said, but the US justice system is nasty; if a young man goes to jail the chances of him not being raped my another prisoner are tiny. Often their raped daily; even the guards are awful, they make deals with prison gangs to keep order in return for things such a blondest young boy to be the next cellmate.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.