The Student Room Group

why is human life so cheap in modern britain?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
Original post by Emaemmaemily
You clearly haven't listened to a word I've said at all. I give up with you.

i have listened. you are just wrong. or deluded. or more likely, blinded by ideology........
Original post by humanrights
i have listened. you are just wrong. or deluded. or more likely, blinded by ideology........

No. I could say the same thing for you.
You haven't addressed most of the points I've said at all, while I've always answered yours. You're stuck in some coo-coo land of yours where you are always right, and refuse to have a proper debate.
Again, I give up with you.
good question OP. i always thought about that too. how can a rapist, murderer or even pedophile allowed back into the society, living among us, as if nothing happen. whilst the victim and their families have to live with this for the rest of their lives. it just doesnt seem right.
im with eye for and eye. tooth for a tooth approach on this.
Reply 343
Original post by Rzc
But you provided me with 'I think there is a big difference between shooting someone for some petty ****, and a police officer shooting someone to save a life.

Yet it is still called shooting. You missed my point.'

Which further validates my point - which is that it is essential in certain situations for killings to occur.

How about police/SAS or whatever, so next time there is a hostage situation you're basically saying they shouldn't be allowed to kill those terrorists that are endangering other's lives?

Someone said that sentencing someone to death isnt killing. I said it is. Whether it should be allowed or not is another question.
Original post by Golly-Gosh
good question OP. i always thought about that too. how can a rapist, murderer or even pedophile allowed back into the society, living among us, as if nothing happen. whilst the victim and their families have to live with this for the rest of their lives. it just doesnt seem right.
im with eye for and eye. tooth for a tooth approach on this.

The sad thing is that at the end of the day, it boils down to finance.
The governments priority should be protecting the welfare of its law abiding citizen, metering out punishment to those who offend as both a deterrent to engage in criminal activity and a form of protecting civilised society.

However prisons are costly, mobilising forces are costly, so in essence there is a revolving door system when it come to crime and punishment, due at times to incompetence, at other times due to finance

In essence, this emphasis on balancing the books instead of emphasising the safety of people is putting everyone at greater risk
Original post by Noodlepants
Do you think you said **** enough times there?:curious:

No, do i ****! you can never ****ing say **** enough times
Reply 346
Original post by humanrights
the average sentence for a convicted murderer is 15 years......

the average sentence for a convicted rapist is 7 years........

so, life is cheap. but why?

Human rights, however, the rights are often on the side of the perpertraors of these atrocities. It's disgusting.
Original post by lonelykatana
No, do i ****! you can never ****ing say **** enough times

Very classy way of putting your argument across. :ahee:
Reply 348
Original post by Noodlepants
All Rapists/Paedophiles/Murderers (perhaps only people who've killed more than once) should be sentenced to death. Use Lie detectors/numerous trials/whatever makes it "fair".
Save us some cash too...

Simples :biggrin:

EDIT: I just knew all the do-gooders would neg me.

Lie detectors are not accurate and with minimal training, anyone can cheat it. There is a reason you are not allow to use a lie detector in court, it is used by stupid programmes like trisha
Reply 349
I'd like to see the death penalty come back. I have absolutely zero respect for those who have no respect for the gift of life (i say that in a non-religious way) who chose when other peoples lives comes to an end. I couldn't care less how cruelly murderers are executed.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 350
Quality of life is decreasing. More people are becoming murderers. More Criminals. Less space in prison. Shorter sentences.

I don't think it is because life is becoming cheap, it is more to do with a system (society) being unable to support itself. As the intensity of UK culture increases so does the rewards/ suffering. That's the game (life). Winners and losers. People marginalised, bullied and treated like pieces of meat. All of this comes back to haunt us.

Crime is just a reflection of society in one or another.

No respect for life.
Reply 351
Original post by Lewk
I'd like to see the death penalty come back. I have absolutely zero respect for those who have no respect for the gift of life (i say that in a non-religious way) who chose when other peoples lives comes to an end. I couldn't care less how cruelly murderers are executed.

No no no.

How is the death penalty the solution?

Do we just increase the level punishment in order to prevent more crime? At what point does that stop?

The long term solution is to take a step back. Ask ourselves what is creating this mess? How can it be stopped? Why do people kill? Why can we not prevent it?

Abolish the monarchy and the class system.
I've been to a human trafficker, and, trust me, it's very expensive.
Original post by MTR_10
No no no.

How is the death penalty the solution?

Do we just increase the level punishment in order to prevent more crime? At what point does that stop?

The long term solution is to take a step back. Ask ourselves what is creating this mess? How can it be stopped? Why do people kill? Why can we not prevent it?

Abolish the monarchy and the class system.
:yep:

Marxist society to abolish class differences, etc?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending