Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    No. No. This is not a Conservative Party policy.

When I was 15 I was caught swearing the F word. As my punishment my mum made me eat a bar of soap.

By the time I got to High School I was possibly one of those kids who did not swear at all. I can remember being asked why I never swear whilst everyone else did.

Can you imagine this kind of thing happening with kids today? Kids swear at their parents and nothing happens.

ReputationRep:
    I would never let my mum put soap in my mouth, wtf. And as for teachers being able to beat children, that would also never work again. The teacher would just get battered by everyone in the class.

ReputationRep:
    A whole bar of soap...

ReputationRep:
    ****ing hell, a whole ****ing bar of ****ing **** soap? Holy ****ing ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Martyn*)
    No. No. This is not a Conservative Party policy.

When I was 15 I was caught swearing the F word. As my punishment my mum made me eat a bar of soap.

By the time I got to High School I was possibly one of those kids who did not swear at all. I can remember being asked why I never swear whilst everyone else did.

Can you imagine this kind of thing happening with kids today? Kids swear at their parents and nothing happens.
    O.o I would never swear at my parents. Never have, never will.

That punishment seems weird though. wtf... It's up to people to realise in what environments swearing is appropriate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melanie-v)
    O.o I would never swear at my parents. Never have, never will.

That punishment seems weird though. wtf... It's up to people to realise in what environments swearing is appropriate.
    If my parents put a bar of soap in my mouth they'd get well and truly

Spoiler:
    Show
    imperial
    leathered

ReputationRep:
    They made you eat soap? WTF? :lolwut:

Can't recall ever swearing at my mum, probably would have got my Gameboy impounded (I ****ing loved that Gameboy).

ReputationRep:
    what did it taste like?

ReputationRep:
    bloody hell that would clean your digestive tract wouldn't it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noobynoo)
    what did it taste like?
    Probably like soap I'd think.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't dream of swearing at my parents, otherwise I swear as when it's warranted.
    However, my little brother told my mum to f* off and she literally "washed his mouth out with soap".

On a side note, soap tastes suprisingly nice. Had it as party as an experiment: would drinking 100% alcohol soap get you drunk quicker?

ReputationRep:
    i had washiing up liquid put in my mouth!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.