Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

US 'kill team' soldier who murdered unarmed Afghans escapes life sentence watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'd chop his **** off as punishment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JongKey)
    I find that ridiculous. They shorten their sentence just because they rat? They leave earlier and could do those stuff all over again! Well i guess this way those extra people who were also at fault also get punished.
    I mean this from the prosecutors' perspective. If you don't offer people shorter sentences for ratting on their colleagues, they won't rat. OThers would have got off scott free without this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B-Man.)
    WHO did he kill - be specific? provide a source for Manning bragging about it.
    Are you just an idiot, or someone not able to comprehend English?

The information he released (i.e. informant names and confidants etc) is confidential - no doubt even with killings, the US or Pentagon spokepeople would not release such information publicly (i.e. bring more attention on it). But its been widely reported from the Pentagon to security experts, with such a large quantity of irrelevant information released, sources will be compromised.

Moreover, do you know anything about the Manning story? He got caught bragging to his friend via IM that he leaked these documents - he then told the FBI. Its a simple Google at most you moron.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 25, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.