Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi All,

This is a pilot exam, not far off it is in May and I'm not sure how many people are doing it.

Has anybody got any resources or past exam papers they would mind sharing?
    Has anybody sat this exam before - what were you views?

There is a Calculus Exam and Mathematical Applications.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    hmmm well if its a pilot then no one would have ever done the exam...However here is a website that helps with calculus and the like http://patrickjmt.com/. What kind of pastpapers are you looking for? I mean there wouldn't be any available for this exam yet so are you just looking for any pastpapers that have the topics you're studying? Do you have to do mathematical induction and contradiction and the like? What are the topics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LStudent)
    hmmm well if its a pilot then no one would have ever done the exam...However here is a website that helps with calculus and the like http://patrickjmt.com/. What kind of pastpapers are you looking for? I mean there wouldn't be any available for this exam yet so are you just looking for any pastpapers that have the topics you're studying? Do you have to do mathematical induction and contradiction and the like? What are the topics?
    Just because its a pilot doesn't mean there aren't past papers. I am in fact aware there are a number of past papers I just don't know where they are.

Thanks for the link!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brigden2009)
    Just because its a pilot doesn't mean there aren't past papers. I am in fact aware there are a number of past papers I just don't know where they are.

Thanks for the link!
    There are? My bag, I went looking myself and didn't find any so assumed there weren't any out yet. Have you tried emailing AQA to find out where you can buy them? You might not be able to find any to download without paying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brigden2009)
    Hi All,

This is a pilot exam, not far off it is in May and I'm not sure how many people are doing it.

Has anybody got any resources or past exam papers they would mind sharing?
    Has anybody sat this exam before - what were you views?

There is a Calculus Exam and Mathematical Applications.

Thanks.
    this might be a bit late but here's some:
    http://www.billgrisdaledesign.co.uk/DCHS_mathspapers/
    have you also managed to find any yet?
    ...i hate xmca2, i seem to get so lost and confused with their questions... the separate papers are so nice and predictable

ReputationRep:
    i've just discovered that there's more on my school's site... let me know if you still want some papers and i'll upload them

good luck btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by memomemootoo)
    i've just discovered that there's more on my school's site... let me know if you still want some papers and i'll upload them

good luck btw
    You got the MS's for the recent A2 ones?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sheldon)
    You got the MS's for the recent A2 ones?
    I only have the jan11 one sorry :/

...I'm also attaching the question paper and a nice practice paper I found in case anybody wants...

have fun
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf AQA-XMCA2-W-QP-Jan11.pdf (136.3 KB, 540 views)
  2. File Type: pdf AQA-XMCA2-WRE-Jan11.pdf (100.8 KB, 266 views)
  3. File Type: pdf XMCA2 Practice Paper 1.pdf (155.5 KB, 406 views)
  4. File Type: pdf XMCA2 Practice Paper 1 Mark Scheme.pdf (180.8 KB, 217 views)

ReputationRep:
    ive just realised that i gave you the wrong thing for the jan 11 ms, so here it is again
    Attached Images
  5. File Type: pdf 2011-A2-Jan11-MS.pdf (183.6 KB, 330 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by memomemootoo)
    ive just realised that i gave you the wrong thing for the jan 11 ms, so here it is again
    Do you have the Jan 09 question paper possibly?
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sheldon)
    Do you have the Jan 09 question paper possibly?
    thanks
    no sorry :/

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 7, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.