Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Surely I can't be the only person who had never heard of her until all the threads about her started popping up on here a few day ago?

ReputationRep:
    Don't know if this has been posted, so far my favourite version out the lot.

ReputationRep:
    Here's quite a penetrating analysis of the song:

http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/6...0154451929.jpg

Some highlights:

'No one in the car is happy. They bob their heads and smile through gritted teeth as they lie about how much fun they are having, but they all look so desperate, so pained...Their refrains of 'yeah!' are delivered with unenthusiastic fist pumps, the veil on their false joy wearing alarmingly thin. Black chants 'fun, fun, fun' not like someone who is enjoying themselves but like a Nazi in a concentration camp. She is ordering herself to have fun, as if simply saying the words will make it so. But it's not so, and she knows it. This isn't fun. This is hell.'

'The predictability of her actions are again hammered home as Black is shown directly turning from the moving drawing into her real-life counterpart. The drawing-monster and Black are the same entity: a horrendous, unreal abomination, revolting yet pitable.'

'The man looks in the rearview mirror but the position of the camera makes it appear as if he's looking directly at the viewer. And he says 'we gonna have fun' not 'I'm gonna have fun'. This is an accusation, a recrimination. We are all complicit in the crimes this man commits. By forcing the image of perfection upon young girls, by sexualising them, by turning a blind eye to their cries for help, WE are responsible for the 'fun' this man has. We are no better than him.'

'And when she stops singing, she looks down at everyone around her, embarrassed, disgusted, full of nothing but despair. Now that her performance is done, the crowd will disperese and forget about her, and for everything shes endured she will have gained nothing. She has literally become the 'poor player who struts and frets his hour upon the stage'. She has realised that her life is a futile mockery of real happiness, a hollow, meaningless simulation.'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnonymousRules!)
    How did this chick get famous? One of the worst voices ever and she isn't particularly good-looking. Though, I can't wait till Friday tomorrow. Damn, this ****ty catchy song, better than the Bieber though.
    That's not her voice.... it's been heavily auto-tuned.... a sad state we live in.

ReputationRep:
    I blame the parents and the two guys who wrote the song, i guess they were trying to prove a point of how bad songs are these days. The more you listen to the song the more you realise there isn't much difference between the kind of song she sings and the songs Kesha/Black Eyed Peas etc sing.
    The lyrics are blatantly bad, and because of this, this epitomises how bad the song really is. The ironic thing though is a lot of people subconsciously listen to this type of pop crap anyway (Kesha)

ReputationRep:
    That song is nothing short of an insult to music. Mozart would turn in his grave =/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Superstar6318)
    I blame the parents and the two guys who wrote the song, i guess they were trying to prove a point of how bad songs are these days. The more you listen to the song the more you realise there isn't much difference between the kind of song she sings and the songs Kesha/Black Eyed Peas etc sing.
    The lyrics are blatantly bad, and because of this, this epitomises how bad the song really is. The ironic thing though is a lot of people subconsciously listen to this type of pop crap anyway (Kesha)
    Ke$ha yes, but don't ever compare the Black Eyed Peas songs to Rebecca Black's "Friday".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinda.college)
    Ke$ha yes, but don't ever compare the Black Eyed Peas songs to Rebecca Black's "Friday".
    Rebecca Black, 'Friday'

Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
    Today i-is Friday, Friday
    We-we-we so excited
    We so excited
    We gonna have a ball today

Tomorrow is Saturday
    And Sunday comes afterwards
    I don't want this weekend to end

Black Eyed Peas, 'I Got a Feeling'

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
    Friday, Saturday, Saturday to Sunday
    Get, get, get, get, get with us, you know what we say, say
    Party every day, p-p-p-party every day

The parallels are spooky. At least Rebecca Black has the excuses of youth and naivety; the Black Eyed Peas are just bonafide professional ****-merchants.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinda.college)
    The Black Eyed Peas used to sing songs that were actually good such as "Where is the love?" But the type of stuff they make now all sound the same.

ReputationRep:
    Hasn't she made like a million dollars from the song? If I could make that for being annoying I'd do it

ReputationRep:
    Funny commentary:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FormerlyFrisbeeFan)
    Surely I can't be the only person who had never heard of her until all the threads about her started popping up on here a few day ago?
    Me too. I only found out about her from TSR about a week ago.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.glamourmagazine.co.uk/cel...ofits-to-japan

ReputationRep:
    I saw this and couldn't stop pressing the replay button. the bit about the days of the week and where to sit in the car cracked me up. the parodies on youtube are even funnier. I heard that she is donating money from the profits of the single sales to Japan.

ReputationRep:
    I saw this and couldn't stop pressing the replay button.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-9lQs9BBHc

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y53om423Rj0

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FormerlyFrisbeeFan)
    haha me too the day i posted this was day i found out about her on utube

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baller D)
    Funniest thing I have seen this hour !

ReputationRep:
    The youtube video im looking at now is getting 3 comments a second. #4 discussed of all time, 972,400 comments. This is ridiculous.

1,100,000 dislikes/131,000 likes

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.