The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

OMG :) ABC offer for Durham Law - relieved!

I thought I had been rejected coz' of my lousy GCSE grades, but I nearly screamed when my mum called to tell me I had a letter with the offer of ABC! I got into my choice college, St. John's and I'm definitely going to Durham now...

All my UCAS choices have come through
Leeds BBB
Manchester, Nottingham ABB
Warwick AAB
Durham ABC!!
Camrbridge - REJECTED :smile: WOOHOO! :smile:

Sorry about the rant.. I'm so happy
HOpe everyone is also having the same luck. Take care all!

Scroll to see replies

howcome all ur offers are so low?

I think for uk students the unis u applied to would ask for atleast AAB
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Congrats :smile:
Reply 3
iiikewldude
howcome all ur offers are so low?

I think for uk students the unis u applied to would ask for atleast AAB

Maybe she was an exceptional candidate?
Reply 4
you're rejecting Warwick and Notts to go to Durham? :confused:

<sits back and patiently waits for J.S.'s head to explode>
lilsunflower
I thought I had been rejected coz' of my lousy GCSE grades, but I nearly screamed when my mum called to tell me I had a letter with the offer of ABC! I got into my choice college, St. John's and I'm definitely going to Durham now...

Leeds BBB
Warwick AAB
Durham ABC!!

Woohoo!! Im glad you'll be going to Durham too! :smile: Hope to see you in October (im going to a different college, but oh well :tongue: )
Reply 6
Congrats. :smile:
llama boy

Im rejecting Warwick, Imperial, Manchester, and Nottingham to go to Durham
Reply 8
kenkennykenken
Im rejecting Warwick, Imperial, Manchester, and Nottingham to go to Durham
what exactly is the appeal?
llama boy
what exactly is the appeal?

Its a collegiate uni, which means that well...you live in colleges, and i really like the idea of that. Also the surroundings are really nice, and durham is a really nice town/city, and it has a really good academic reputation. I still really like the other unis, but i guess this one just appeals to me more
Reply 10
llama boy

lol, I'm saying nothing! It could be worse, although not by much:smile:
Reply 11
lilsunflower

Leeds BBB
Warwick AAB
Durham ABC!!

Would seem that Warwick was the only univ. that gave you a proper offer for Law.
Reply 12
lilsunflower

Congratulations! Now we'll be going to the same college. :wink:
Reply 13
Radagasty
Congratulations! Now we'll be going to the same college. :wink:

hee! thanks :smile: nice way of putting it. 'SAME' college, different uni.. but hey, we'll both be happy.
Reply 14
Where does the whole 'Durham has a really good academic reputation' thing come from by the way?
kenkennykenken
Its a collegiate uni, which means that well...you live in colleges, and i really like the idea of that. Also the surroundings are really nice, and durham is a really nice town/city, and it has a really good academic reputation. I still really like the other unis, but i guess this one just appeals to me more

how does the whole college thing work? i've never understood why they are called colleges-are you taught by the individual college each subject? otherwise surely they are just halls of residence's?
Reply 16
For law, Durham has an EXCELLENT reputation with the employers around here.
kildare
Where does the whole 'Durham has a really good academic reputation' thing come from by the way?

the minds of a few members of this board...
rah
how does the whole college thing work? i've never understood why they are called colleges-are you taught by the individual college each subject? otherwise surely they are just halls of residence's?

They are really just souped up halls of residence, you are taught as a department , not in college, but the collegiate system seems to create a better atmosphere in the place when i went to look around, and each college as its own 'style'. They are basically just colleges as that is the ay they always have been with it been an old university like oxbridge.
Why are there some people here who are so against Durham? It is almost always in the top fifteen in the main uni league tables, which use objective measurements, so it is firmly-established as one of the best unis. And The Times table rates it higher than both Warwick and Nottingham for Law (in fact it's fourth behind Oxbridge and the LSE) so on the strength of that choosing it seems rational enough.

Latest