Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I appreciate there's already a thread about Octagon Club, but I'd like to get a feedback on this without derailing that thread too badly.
    Plus this is my thread. That makes me important.

Anyway, I know there's not much in the way of clubbing at Bangor, but is it still a regular thing that people do?
    Am I likely to be forced to regularly attend another god-awful nightclub? I could write novels on how little I ever want to go to another nightclub ever again.

ReputationRep:
    I don't feel its a really big issue if you don't want to go out here. Yeah lots of students go out on Wednesdays and the weekends but lots stay in also. And theres so many other things to do especially if your into sports, societies etc.

And theres lots of pubs, some nice and chilled, some more party atmosphere. Personally me and my friends go out properly like once a month. The rest of the time we mainly stay in, watch TV, play games, go for a picnic or a wander. Bangor really isn't a place where you would feel left out if you didn't want to go out all the time

ReputationRep:
    Ah, see I worry because I was at Liverpool, where you very much feel left out if you don't like clubbing.

So long as it's possible for me to have a social life, but never have to step foot into another nightclub ever again, I'll be good.

ReputationRep:
    That's excellent news

ReputationRep:
    Nightclubs?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    Nightclubs?!
    LOL.

@OP yeh in no way are you forced to go to nightclubs, just depends on who are you friends with I guess.. alot of people go out, alot of people just go to pubs, a few people never leave their rooms.

I have maybe been to octogon once this semester and do not at all feel left out. Infact I feel rather proud of that fact!

ReputationRep:
    One of the most popular bars would have to be Rascals in Upper Bangor and some of the most popular bars in Lower Bangor is the Yellow pub and Yates'

ReputationRep:
    Try the Queen Vic.

ReputationRep:
    don't worry. when the SU was knocked down (during my second year) I only went clubbing twice after that before I finished. most of my mates thought Occy was too terrible to bother with :P
    most people i know had house parties/dvd nights or went to the pub.
    i'd say clubbing was a big thing for first years but you get just as many people doing other stuff instead when they realise how bad it is :P i recommend flat parties!

ReputationRep:
    Octogon is not as bad as you may think, they re-did it a bit so it's acceptable :P

I go about 2 or 3 times a month, some of my friends go twice a week, there is no pressure or force from them to make me go!

I think the bars in Bangor are a lot better than Octogon, so it's not just stay in or go clubbing, there is a bit in between!
    I have heard as well that 'they' are organising another venue for a club in Bangor, but if it is like the shack/barn they gave us last year I'd give it a miss haha

Enjoy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Buttercup2)
    Octogon is not as bad as you may think, they re-did it a bit so it's acceptable :P

I go about 2 or 3 times a month, some of my friends go twice a week, there is no pressure or force from them to make me go!

I think the bars in Bangor are a lot better than Octogon, so it's not just stay in or go clubbing, there is a bit in between!
    I have heard as well that 'they' are organising another venue for a club in Bangor, but if it is like the shack/barn they gave us last year I'd give it a miss haha

Enjoy
    In the Robinson building. I don't hold out hope.

ReputationRep:
    Well in September just think, only Robinson's and Octagon will have licences to stay open until like 3am... Who will win ha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welshmun)
    Well in September just think, only Robinson's and Octagon will have licences to stay open until like 3am... Who will win ha!
    Occy always closes at 2am, I can't see Robinsons closing much later than that. TBH if Robinsons is student only, I'll be going there. Can't be doing with the chavs in Occy.

ReputationRep:
    Occy always closes at 2am, I can't see Robinsons closing much later than that. TBH if Robinsons is student only, I'll be going there. Can't be doing with the chavs in Occy.
    So true...

ReputationRep:
    Is the Robinson building going to be open for September then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jacques93)
    Is the Robinson building going to be open for September then?
    Supposedly :P

ReputationRep:
    Haha! The last time i went to Occy i went to the toilets and some chav was going crazy and throwing glasses at the wall..i decided to walk back out and to this day i've never returned there! They're crazy!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I live in Bangor and thought I'd let you know that there is actually a brand new nightclub opening right in the middle of Bangor at the old post office building which will be done in time for freshers. Here's the facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/New-Ni...52133941468934

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PokerHead)
    Hi guys,

I live in Bangor and thought I'd let you know that there is actually a brand new nightclub opening right in the middle of Bangor at the old post office building which will be done in time for freshers. Here's the facebook page:

Ah, I'd heard vague rumours of that...

So there's that, plus Occy, plus the Robinson building, plus the new SU itself when its finished... could mean 4 clubs in bangor within a couple of years... plus the smaller places like Base and maybe someone will have another stab at where that place called Joop was

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PokerHead)
    Hi guys,

:holmes: Apply for a job or not?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.