Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I started a new job and never got round to filling in the necessary P46 form; I would have done it when I realised, except I only started working properly at the beginning of February and the tax year ends in April I believe? Meaning that if it takes about a month for the form to process, it would be a bit pointless. However I've heard it's possible to claim back the tax from the HMRC office. Does anyone know when would be the best time to do this, and how to go about it? Do I just turn up with my payslips?
The home of Results and Clearing


people online now


students helped last year
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.