Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

Ive been doing various assignments at college and I noticed someone copied my work. I know colleges have internet plagairism checkers but pretty sure nothing for checking students work as it can be very similar.

What do you think I should do especially if theres is marked first "/

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skippy0894)
    Hi all,

Ive been doing various assignments at college and I noticed someone copied my work. I know colleges have internet plagairism checkers but pretty sure nothing for checking students work as it can be very similar.

What do you think I should do especially if theres is marked first "/

Thanks
    If you have the file saved on your comp. Change the date on your comp to the day after the assignment or whateevr was given to you. Save it. Print screen it.

Then you have evidence that you done it first......

ReputationRep:
    I think

ReputationRep:
    Well the assignment is already submitted and I dont have college until next week "/ ... Do they have software to detect copied work between students :L ???

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sure whoever marks it will notice. Perhaps you could e-mail your tutor/teacher. Pretty important you do. How did this person get your work? Are they a friend?

ReputationRep:
    fairly sure you copied someone and are now worried about the consequences.

i fail to see the logic in the question if this wasn't the case. you would clearly just tell your teacher. however, i sense a cheater trying to put his mind at ease....

ReputationRep:
    How did they copy your work can I ask?

This happened recently with me, a friend of mine simply took my work, copied out a paragraph and put it in his. Certainly wasn't happy with him.
    The teacher said that if I let him copy, I would have been in just as much trouble.

ReputationRep:
    Well the assignment is already submitted and I dont have college until next week "/ ... Do they have software to detect copied work between students :L ???
    there was a case like yours while i was at college where two students submitted to similar assignments, they were questioned and investigated, turned out they just had very similar working styles. im sure they would check yeah, better to inform to your teacher asap. by the way how did you know that this student copied your work?

ReputationRep:
    You say assignments (with an s, thus plural), so has this happened multiple times? If so, next time email it to the teacher first, then if this person copies your hard copy the teacher knows it's your work and can logically assume that the past pieces of copied work are yours too.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry , It was just 1 Assignment 8.4 .... And it was a friend of mine , so im not going to 'tell' for obvious reasons ....

ReputationRep:
    He told me he had copied some of my work after the submission date

ReputationRep:
    hmm if hes a true mate perhaps I should ask him to be honest and email the teacher stating he would like to re-do parts of his work , whether hed agree to it is another question haha

ReputationRep:
    hmm if hes a true mate perhaps I should ask him to be honest and email the teacher stating he would like to re-do parts of his work , whether hed agree to it is another question haha
    either way if this isnt sorted and you guys got caught, well........................its quite serious, i would imagine you would either get thown out or not get into the uni's you wanted in the future (unless your already at uni).....those are just assumptions but i would imagine you would get busted...big time...

ReputationRep:
    Can't believe the kids e-mail **** to their teachers these days! It's insane right?

ReputationRep:
    OMG ...thats BS........OK anyways, in that case ....make up some rubbish and state that some1 might have copied your stuff, and tell them your not sure who it is. AKA you just have a strong suspicion of it happening. THE MAIN POINT HERE IS: SAVE YOUR SELF FIRST!!!! Besides true mates don't do ****ty stuff like that.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.