Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I'm too scared to sleep in my own bed. watch

ReputationRep:
    I never ever wake up from my sleep but the other night, I awoke to the sound of Very heavy breathing at my side and I just froze :|. When I woke up the next morning i tried to convince myself it was a dream or something outside and it was forgotten about until last night :|, I was sitting on the bed, lights all on and everything, when i heard it AGAIN, but this time it was so much louder than last time , I screamed and my father came running in so I told him what had happened and he sat on the bed for about 5 mins, nothing happened so he walked out and as soon as he left the room, it happened again, but quieter than the last time :s

In the end, dad slept in my room, but tonight looks like im jamming out on the sofa:/

I'm so creeped out by this :| has anything similar every happened to anyone here? if so, what did you do ?

I'm seriously no troll, and yes, I know my grammar is bad, ill be more than happy if someone wanted to inbox me a fewtips on it.

ReputationRep:
    You've got a great dad, If I had a problem like that my dad would have told me to man up. lol

ReputationRep:
    If I was your dad, I'd have a walkie talkie under your bed, and I'm just ****ing with you.

ReputationRep:
    Can you remember how quickly your father came running in?

ReputationRep:
    I had a similar experience when I was on sleeping tablets for insomnia, but I kept hearing chanting in my ear. It was just paranoia as a side effect but it made me so creeped out. Just had to tell myself I was imagining things and slept with the lights on sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MelonFroot)
    I never ever wake up from my sleep but the other night, I awoke to the sound of Very heavy breathing at my side and I just froze :|. When I woke up the next morning i tried to convince myself it was a dream or something outside and it was forgotten about until last night :|, I was sitting on the bed, lights all on and everything, when i heard it AGAIN, but this time it was so much louder than last time , I screamed and my father came running in so I told him what had happened and he sat on the bed for about 5 mins, nothing happened so he walked out and as soon as he left the room, it happened again, but quieter than the last time :s

In the end, dad slept in my room, but tonight looks like im jamming out on the sofa:/

I'm so creeped out by this :| has anything similar every happened to anyone here? if so, what did you do ?

I'm seriously no troll, and yes, I know my grammar is bad, ill be more than happy if someone wanted to inbox me a fewtips on it.
    So you heard creepy, perverted breathing, and your first instinct was to have a massive, probably highly respiratorily questionable old man come and sleep in your room?

And there's nothing wrong with your grammar...

ReputationRep:
    Wait...your dad sat on the bed with you for 5 mins?

:lolwut:

My dad would be laughing his ass off, before screaming at me for waking him up.

ReputationRep:
    You've actually scared me a bit now. I hate people with asthma.

ReputationRep:
    LOL! I'm so paranoid about sleeping as it is, and I'm even more anxious now. Christ!

Oh I feel for you OP I really do. I had a dream, a normal nice one and next thing woke me up and I thought something was watching me under my table, took me half hour to compose myself, couldn't do that so I fell asleep watching tv programs on my itouch.

ReputationRep:
    Appeatently a few times I've sleep sreamed aloud a nightmare, mostly about aliens etc and woken everyone in the house up;

Strangely a very rational ( and I mean rational like he's going to be a pharmacist for Christ sake ) frinend of mine is certain he woke up to see a ghost while staying at his girlfriends house. I Diddnt believe him buys he's been so adamant and he's so truthful and reliable that I'm think he might be telling the truth but every nine in my body screams ghosts aren't real!

ReputationRep:
    I can be sometimes. I'm constantly on alert for aliens as I go to sleep. :sadnod:

It might help to just keep reassuring yourself that nothing's there, then read a book.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Wait...your dad sat on the bed with you for 5 mins?

:lolwut:

My dad would be laughing his ass off, before screaming at me for waking him up.
    Lol, I think it's because I'm a girl

ReputationRep:
    And I know exactly what you're talking about... once my dad convinced me to watch this horror movie with him, and that night was wretched... I had to keep my eyes shut for fear my mind would conjure this awful, hideous face before me.

My advice? Do you possibly have any siblings who could stay up the night with you? Honestly, I'd be terrified out of my mind... Like, you actually heard the breathing. Watch TV until you fall asleep? Since it isn't your mind playing tricks on you, I dunno what you could do. Sleep in your dad's room?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fran.ha)
    JUST as I'm about to go to sleep.
    TSR keeping you up at night eh?

In fairness that picture posted is pretty ****ing creepy...

ReputationRep:
    Where'd the picture go?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MelonFroot)
    I never ever wake up from my sleep but the other night, I awoke to the sound of Very heavy breathing at my side and I just froze :|.
    When you're in you bed. Does it sometimes feel like someone is sitting beside your legs? I have had the breathing stuff too. Like whispers too right?

You may wanna stop watching horror films.

Edit:

Best advice is you read a book or do some studying at night. Before you know it you'll be asleep. Your mind will be elsewhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tite23)
    Where'd the picture go?
    mods must have done it

Watch The Grudge its from that, it'll put you off showers too

OT if you ever do get freaked out just turn the light on and walk around your room for a bit, works for me...

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    The monster under MelonFroot's bed deleted all the pictures. ****ing run.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, I'll try to be quieter next time

ReputationRep:
    Okay, the disappearing picture is a bit freaky... even more so than the picture!!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2011
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.