Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Keep anon please, I don't particularly want me banging on about my periods and such being any more public.

I'm having to change my contraception from cerazette for at least 3-6 months due to the national shortage, oh bum.
    I've been prescribed noriday as an alternative minipill, but I'm concerned about how this will affect my period as I hardly ever see my bf (LDR), and the week I'd start taking it would be the first week of the holidays with me back home. We've also gotten used to me never having periods on cerazette- having to negotiate when we see each other around periods, especially if irregular, could become very tedious. I know that some people bleed very heavily for ages when they come off cerazette, could taking noriday straight away help to prevent/alleviate this?

I've discussed my concerns with the nurse and she says the contraception with the most chance of no bleeds is the depo injection, which I'm now considering. Only thing is, I know weight gain can be a problem with this method, and I don't like that if this occurs I can't change it for 12 weeks unlike with a pill. I also know that both of these methods are very unpredictable in terms of how it will affect periods, so I'd like any insight/experiences please

Also, bearing in mind my worries about weight gain (and skin problems), as well as the period issue, if anyone could suggest any alternative methods to look into I'd be vey grateful.

ReputationRep:
    How about going for the implant? You will most probably react exactly the same way to in as cerazette, as it is basically the same hormone as cerazette?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.