Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Tfaska)
    The causation is not immaterial - it makes the difference between murder & attempted murder.
    Like the case of White - A man poisons his mother's drink intending to kill her. She dies of a heart attack before drinking it. He is convicted of an attempt as he did not factually cause her death - she would have died anyway.

A lot of it is at the jury's discretion so he might be convicted anyway, it depends whether or not they like the look of him.
    I'm not sure you read my post...

(Original post by D.R.E)
    I'm not sure you read my post...
    omg! my bad, I must have been having a daydream :/

I think this wasn't supposed to be a riddle. It's more of a philosophical question on how liability should be allocated in a situation such as this. My lecturer gave pretty much the exact same example.
What's the best type of cheese?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.