Turn on thread page Beta

MPs Allowed To Tweet From Commons Chamber watch

ReputationRep:
    http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Pol...ommons_Chamber

Is anyone else slightly annoyed by this?

The thought of MPs sitting in the Commons with their heads gormlessly buried in their iPhones and Blackberries like the typical shallow smartphone obsessed student sort of takes away from the ancient charm of the chamber, if you ask me. And iPads!!?? *shudders*

ReputationRep:
    Some would say its no different from the old days when they passed notes...

Well they can pass notes then if its important enough, electronic gizmo's should not be allowed in the debating chamber for the same reasons there not allowed in the classroom.

ReputationRep:
    At least they are bothering to show up on that occasion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teveth)
    http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Pol...ommons_Chamber

Is anyone else slightly annoyed by this?

The thought of MPs sitting in the Commons with their heads gormlessly buried in their iPhones and Blackberries like the typical shallow smartphone obsessed student sort of takes away from the ancient charm of the chamber, if you ask me. And iPads!!?? *shudders*
    They always look quite bored for the most part. Makes them look busy at least. I doubt many MPs are actually going to bother with this though, it's incredibly rare that anything worth getting out to the public pronto happens in the Commons. So I don't expect there to be loads of them using they're phones to tweet.

Being able to read questions of the ipad though, that's a great development.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, still don't see the point of twitter. Oh well.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Most Ms do very little in the commons other than jeer and yell like a pack of children or maybe Baboons.

Politics in this country is a complete state. And our politicians a bad joke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    Most Ms do very little in the commons other than jeer and yell like a pack of children or maybe Baboons.

Politics in this country is a complete state. And our politicians a bad joke.
    I have genuinely seen people from America watch PMs questions and think it was some sort of comedy show.

ReputationRep:

Finally arriving in the 21st century, eh? I wonder when they'll allow laptops in the House.

ReputationRep:
    I think you people need to watch a bit more of Parliament outside of the half hour on Wednesdays. The place works a lot better apart from then. Plus the committees are excellent.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.