Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Oxegen Festival 2011 watch

ReputationRep:
    Who is going? Who are you most excited to see? ETC xx

ReputationRep:
    Anyone?xx

ReputationRep:
    I am
    Too excited for the Strokes, but I am afraid I will end up just being dragged along to Bruno Mars, my friends are plebs

ReputationRep:
    I wish I was. ****ing great line-up. I adore oxegen. Such a great festival. Has a horrible reputation for the amount of **** that goes down there, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hylean)
    I wish I was. ****ing great line-up. I adore oxegen. Such a great festival. Has a horrible reputation for the amount of **** that goes down there, though.
    you think? For me, take away the Foo's and MCR and I'd be pretty disappointed. Coldplay are good, but not for a festivel. A little to sad for me.

I was considering buying a ticket for the foo's alone. But I'll just wait till they go on tour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bestofyou)
    you think? For me, take away the Foo's and MCR and I'd be pretty disappointed. Coldplay are good, but not for a festivel. A little to sad for me.

I was considering buying a ticket for the foo's alone. But I'll just wait till they go on tour.
    The fact that you need MCR worries me.

ReputationRep:
    I've been to Oxegen every year since I was 15, and this is the first year I'm not going - so bummed! The Strokes are amazing live, I saw them when they were there last in 2006, so go see them if you get the chance!

ReputationRep:
    The fact that you need MCR worries me.
    lol, im not an emo..i swear.

I never used to listen to them. But their new album has grown on me

ReputationRep:
    I am working there this summer, but you can still see most acts, and I wouldn't be going if it weren't for the strokes...not many of my friends, who are working too would care much to see them, but I don't mind, i'll just go by myself! I'm so excited!

ReputationRep:
    lol, im not an emo..i swear.

I never used to listen to them. But their new album has grown on me
    Psh, MCR are an insult to Emo. :p: Still worries me,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiinker)
    I am working there this summer, but you can still see most acts, and I wouldn't be going if it weren't for the strokes...not many of my friends, who are working too would care much to see them, but I don't mind, i'll just go by myself! I'm so excited!
    I'll probably end up going by myself too. Or I'll just forget where I am and who's playing :emo:

ReputationRep:
    Psh, MCR are an insult to Emo. :p: Still worries me,
    btw, out of curiosity, whats wrong with MCR?

ReputationRep:
    Coldplay... yeah I know they're depressing, but you just got to love them.

ReputationRep:
    btw, out of curiosity, whats wrong with MCR?
    Lack of talent in just about everything, really. Awful music, awful lyrics, just plain awful. I find it hard to find one redeeming feature about them. They took emo down a pretty horrible path and for that I find it hard to like them. Changing emo from the likes of Jimmy Eat World to stuff like them, ugh.

ReputationRep:
    Booked my flights set me back quite a bit - this will be my most expensive festival yet!xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blinkbelle)
    Booked my flights set me back quite a bit - this will be my most expensive festival yet!xx
    I'm not surprised, I'm getting the bus up and it's still going to cost a bomb. And that's before general festival shopping. I'm going to be so poor...

ReputationRep:
    Not trying to burst anyones bubble but Oxegen is a ****hole. Full of scummy knackers running about stealing and wrecking tents. **** that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tekno)
    Not trying to burst anyones bubble but Oxegen is a ****hole. Full of scummy knackers running about stealing and wrecking tents. **** that!
    omfg this is the first time I have ever heard anyone say this, I'm selling my ticket right now!

As long as you don't act like a total asshat it's fine, man up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gingerrama)
    omfg this is the first time I have ever heard anyone say this, I'm selling my ticket right now!

As long as you don't act like a total asshat it's fine, man up
    Really? Most people I know who have been (Lots) have said they will never go back. Its full of chavs from Dublin, is super expensive, has mediocre line ups and is generally poor weather wise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tekno)
    Really? Most people I know who have been (Lots) have said they will never go back. Its full of chavs from Dublin, is super expensive, has mediocre line ups and is generally poor weather wise.
    I've never had a problem with the festival. Weather has always been grand. Never seen any chavs. As festivals go, it's price is pretty normal. Line-ups vary from year to year and no festival ever boasts amazing line-ups consistently.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 3, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.