Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, does any one get an offer for MSFM? I recevied an e-mail few days ago about the recommendation stuff, and after I had searched through the internet, some said they got rejected after this e-mail and some said it's basically an offer; but these were threads 2 years ago.

So I wonder whether any one here got an offer for next academic year? and what is the condition for conditional offers? I feel nervous waiting for the next e-mail from Warwick.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I got an offer there as well. The condition is that I graduate with a 2:1 and 65%.
    You're planning to go for the course?

ReputationRep:
    Got exactly same confitional offer except that I need to submit a second academic reference. At the time of applying only one of my referees submitted a reference, the other didn't bother and I only realised when I saw the conditions of the offer... Anyway, been rejected by LSE and didn't apply to imperial so heading to Warwick.

ReputationRep:
    I have accepted the offer. One of the conditions was also a second academic reference so I asked another Professor to write for me and this condition was fine The other condition was 2:1 honor, gotta work hard on final examination for it...

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to do MSc in Financial Mathematics or Financial Engineering but all business schools have set the fee way too high, I don't get that what sort of secret mathematical patterns in stock charts they will teach, anyway got offer from LSE, & Warwick in Financial Mathematics & Financial Engineering at Imperial with no scholarship but not joining any because I believe that R.O.I. is too less on the investment of £20K-£30K. That's why now I am joining King's for MSc complex system modelling - Economics. Even this course got the same modules such as Stochastic, Black theory, probability, statistic, etc. Plus the fee is something £4200.
    Anyway, congratulation to all those who are going to do Financial Mathematics or Financial Engineering this year.

ReputationRep:
    King's is cheaper but it does not offer as bright prospects to their alumni as LSE/Warwick/Imperial do.

Did you check if UCL has something equivalent to the one at LSE's/Warwick's?

Maybe the UCL equivalent program is worth considering.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr. Roxas)
    King's is cheaper but it does not offer as bright prospects to their alumni as LSE/Warwick/Imperial do.

Did you check if UCL has something equivalent to the one at LSE's/Warwick's?

Maybe the UCL equivalent program is worth considering.
    I agree what you said but at LSE I made the first choice MSc Regulation but my that choice was refused by the academic panel, and got offer from them for my second choice i.e. financial mathematics.
    I have applied in UCL for MSc Management in the first week of April and last week I received an email from them that my application has been sent to the department for consideration, so I am waiting for the result.
    Acc' my first choice is to stay in London as I got home here & I won't have to pay for the bills such as accommodation etc (except the tube pass & that's acceptable) I have offers from the lower ranked universities such as Kingston, LSBU as well but I am interested in high ranked universities but then the problem is the ROI on high fee, I got an offer from Oxford as well but not joining that as during the time of making my application there I thought that I can commute from my home (London) to oxford (as the train goes straight to Oxford from the nearest tube station) because while in my office few people they come daily from Cambridge & few from Oxford. But now I have been informed by the college of whom I have been given the membership at Oxford that I can't live out of the 25 miles radius of Oxford Which I didn't know when I was making the application. Anyway, now waiting the result from UCL, & SOAS. though UCL's fee is same as to other but I will be more than happy to join UCL as I got my first degree from the same institute, and I am very much satisfied with it from the job/career point of view as it is highly acceptable by the major banks/financial institute, in SOAS my application was rejected for MSc Finance & Financial Law but in the rejection email I was informed by the school that academic panel feels that my profile goes with the MSc international management in middle east & north africa, and I don't know that what does it mean, will I be given an admission or not. BTW, few days after after making an application at LSE, I was given a chance to fill up the application form for financial assistance which I filled in good fashion of time, and after that on the application tracking portal in the sectional of financial assistance (just underneath the row of status) the following statement was written "You will be automatically considered for the financial assistance if you get an offer" (the words are more or less same as far as I remember), and now in that section it is written that "SORRY we are currently not offering any financial assistance for this year" also on my unconditional offer from LSE there is nothing mention about the financial assistance/scholarship result for the application that I filled online on LSE's website. I asked the admission department on the phone that what is the status of my scholarship application, and they said that they have no information on my application for that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingkhan)
    II don't get that what sort of secret mathematical patterns in stock charts they will teach
    They don't. The theory is all the same. You're just paying for the "brand" really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    They don't. The theory is all the same. You're just paying for the "brand" really.
    110% true

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    BTW, what about York? I have unconditional offer in financial engineering from it with part scholarship (just covering the full fee *NO STIPEND ) Though I never met a York graduate in my previous job at google perhaps the probability was too high & my search was narrow :rolleyes:

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.