Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well,

Is it like, a neccessity for first years to go to halls, or is it ok going to like, Trinity student village?

Uni halls require a £250 reservation fee, whereas if I prove my circumstances to Trinity, I start paying when my student loan actually comes through? :\

Also; are there many first years at Trinity/Foundry?

ReputationRep:
    Why are you looking at trinity when you end up paying more in the long run? I'm guessing you'd have to pay a deposit to trinity which you only get back if there is no damage to your flat whereas the reservation fee for uni halls is to secure your room. If it is not a deposit at trinity there will be some kind of reservation fee there too but you do not start paying rent from this date.

Uni owned halls are paid in two instalments usually, one in sept and one in january when the student loan is paid into your bank. However, if this is not suitable for your finance you can ask them to change it to three instalments to coincide with your student loan in sept/jan/march.

In terms of the uni experience for your first year I would recommend uni owned halls (so roeburn, whitedale, ribble or eden) or uni leased (kopa, boatmans and some of foundry). If you go through the uni they tend to put the first years together so you can meet people who are new to the area too. But on your form you will not be able to specify which halls you want apart from an ensuite or not. There are a few first years in trinity but they tend to be more second and third years

ReputationRep:
    I'm going into my first year in September and I've booked Foundry Court!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boo_x)
    Uni owned halls are paid in two instalments usually, one in sept and one in january when the student loan is paid into your bank. However, if this is not suitable for your finance you can ask them to change it to three instalments to coincide with your student loan in sept/jan/march.

It depends whether you're in shared an ensuite. Ensuite comes out in three.

I know loads of first years that have lived in Trinity. And I've never known anyone have a problem with them.

ReputationRep:
    It is a £200 deposit at Trinity and Foundry which you can get back when you move out if you don't wreck the place. UCLan charge a reservation fee which you don't get back and if you cause damage you'll just get a bill!

I've lived at Trinity and both Trinity and Foundry take first years who apply directly to them and they tend to house them all together. The rent is paid in three instalments around the time of your loan payments - if they are different they just ask for a copy of your loan timetable and are willing to wait.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KneeHigh)
    It is a £200 deposit at Trinity and Foundry which you can get back when you move out if you don't wreck the place. UCLan charge a reservation fee which you don't get back and if you cause damage you'll just get a bill!
    Just to clarify, we charge a Reservation Fee which is a Rent Prepayment, it simply comes off your rent. It isnt an extra fee

University open days

1. Central Lancashire (UCLan)
    Preston campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 7 Oct '18
  2. Central Lancashire (UCLan)
    Preston campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 10 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.