Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The time has come for me to gain a C1 driving entitlement as a student paramedic. Has anyone got their C1 and how much did it cost?

Also does anyone recommend a driving school near Bristol?

Do you already work for an ambulance service? If so contact training and they will be able to explain how you can go about paying for your C1 via salary sacrifice.
    You will need to take a medical, the provisional is usually around £50, theory around £40 and lessons/test between £500-£1300. This is just a rough guess as I can't remember the exact figure. Like I said if you already work for the service you can contact training who will tell you the exact cost of obtaining your C1. If your at uni or something try contacting your tutor?

yellow pages for LGV/HGV training firms ...

if you have the confidence do your full Cat C + driver CPC - as you can now do this at 18
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    No need to do CPC. When I did my C1 it cost about £1k for a week long course including practical test. As for salary sacrifice only time I have heard of that is when it is for people already employed by the service when the C1 requirement came in.
How are you feeling about your exams?
Useful resources

Quick links:

Unanswered Health and Emergency services Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.