Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, when I applied to student finance wales I wasn't completely sure where I was going to firm but put York as I thought it was most likely. I've now firmed Durham so need to change my application. I've finished the application, sent evidence and everythings been approved and its gave me the dates they'll pay me/york etc.

When I click make a change to my application, then change course, I search for my new course, re-fill in that section of the form, and then get this error:

"Error 1: You must leave your current course before you start your new course"

I've spent ages trying to search for a button to delete my previous course or anything, but can't find anything?
    Has anyone had this problem before, or any ideas what to do? I've rang up but they weren't very helpful, just said to fill in the paper form, which I obviously will do if I can't find out how to do it online, just this way seems so much quicker. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magicalelf)
    Hi, when I applied to student finance wales I wasn't completely sure where I was going to firm but put York as I thought it was most likely. I've now firmed Durham so need to change my application. I've finished the application, sent evidence and everythings been approved and its gave me the dates they'll pay me/york etc.

When I click make a change to my application, then change course, I search for my new course, re-fill in that section of the form, and then get this error:

"Error 1: You must leave your current course before you start your new course"

I've spent ages trying to search for a button to delete my previous course or anything, but can't find anything?
    Has anyone had this problem before, or any ideas what to do? I've rang up but they weren't very helpful, just said to fill in the paper form, which I obviously will do if I can't find out how to do it online, just this way seems so much quicker. Thanks.
    You'll have to fill in and send them a Change of Circumstances (CO1) form.

ReputationRep:
    hiya.
    im having the same problem, what did you end up doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quwute)
    hiya.
    im having the same problem, what did you end up doing?
    I sent the form off, and it was changed the next day!

ReputationRep:
    hii i'm having the same problem where do i get the form from? i can only find one for 2010/11 :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mykk_x)
    hii i'm having the same problem where do i get the form from? i can only find one for 2010/11 :/
    well mine was from student finance wales so im not sure, but id guess somewhere on here
    http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Educatio...ance/DG_194466

ReputationRep:
    Where is this form?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonario)
    Where is this form?
    It's not been released yet for 2011/12 for some reason. It's going to be released in May apparently.

ReputationRep:
    not sure if this helps, but i managed to change it somehow without using a form?
    i somehow bypassed the error message ? but i must have tried about 10 times and tried clicking everywhere but now it's done

ReputationRep:
    The form is here for anyone still having this problem. I did.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Educatio...rted/DG_171586

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [email protected])
    The form is here for anyone still having this problem. I did.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Educatio...rted/DG_171586
    That is the wrong form, it is for 2010/11. The form for 2011/12 hasn't been released yet. It does state on that page to make sure you use the form for the correct academic year
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Same prob for me, but I think I'll have to call them.

ReputationRep:
    I had the same problem, I called them yesterday and as soon as I came off the phone it had been changed
    Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    It is best to ring, but I advise sending a form in aswell

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.