Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Should I pursue her? watch

Announcements

I went out last night with a big group of people for someone's birthday, so there was loads of random girls. Anyway I immediately set eyes on one girl and she was quite flirty and touchy with me. Down in the club later we were dancing in a group and she was next to me and we were sort of dancing together and holding hands a bit at certain points etc. I thought I was well in. Anyway next thing I know she's dancing Witt this other dude in the group and they're like all sexual dancing and that. Gutted. So I went off and did something else, walked past her later and said hi and just said hi back and walked past. Didn't see her for rest of the night.

The thing is, I really bloody fancied her! So it right ruined my night. I was thinking of poking her or sending her a message on fb because she's a friend of a friend. But has this got a chance of working or did I just blow it?

ReputationRep:
    send her a message....

you never know unless you ask....

afterall, the worst that can happen is she will say no....

ReputationRep:
    Have you noticed that every time Leonardo Decaprio pursues a woman he dies?Off the top of my head, Titanic, Romeo and Juliet...

Nothing to do with thread, but it's slightly more interesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)
    Have you noticed that every time Leonardo Decaprio pursues a woman he dies?Off the top of my head, Titanic, Romeo and Juliet...

Nothing to do with thread, but it's slightly more interesting.
    The Beach = just disproving your theory.

And OP, thats pretty tragic. Just add her on fb and message her. It's not hard. She sounds like a goer, you may well be in.

ReputationRep:
    go for it, the worst she can do is say no

ReputationRep:
    Yea message her like everyone sadi said worst that can happen is she says no and since you fancied her so much go for it

ReputationRep:
    Saying no is not the worst that could happen.... It's the most likely thing to happen, but worse things could happen if you think about it. Just sayin

Ok guys I'm gonna go for this thanks. I think I'll leave it a day else I look too keen. And will probably just say something like 'Hey did you have fun thurs? I didnt' round to asking you but just wondered if you fancy a drink sometime? x' Does that sound alright?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Ok guys I'm gonna go for this thanks. I think I'll leave it a day else I look too keen. And will probably just say something like 'Hey did you have fun thurs? I didnt' round to asking you but just wondered if you fancy a drink sometime? x' Does that sound alright?
    That sounds good.

ReputationRep:
    sounds fine....

if she likes you, she'll say yes

ReputationRep:
    I say poke her.

why poke and not message?

ReputationRep:
    Do exactly what you just said. Spot on. Casual, you've left it a day so as not to seem too eager, but you've said exactly what you want, and left it open with a question. Brownie points.

(Original post by Sweat.it.out)
    Do exactly what you just said. Spot on. Casual, you've left it a day so as not to seem too eager, but you've said exactly what you want, and left it open with a question. Brownie points.
    Thanks.. the only thing is that she started sexy dancing with this dude after me so I don't know how much of a chance I've got, but I guess it's definitely none if I don't send a message!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks.. the only thing is that she started sexy dancing with this dude after me so I don't know how much of a chance I've got, but I guess it's definitely none if I don't send a message!
    She started dancing with that guy because you didn't make a move. And I'm going to guess she was wasted too. If I'm dancing with a guy and he isn't quick enough I get bored because I assume he's not interested. As a drunk I'm even more impatient. Just throwing that out there.

You should def message her, I don't reckon the other guy is a threat at all, and there's certainly no harm in trying! It's the things we don't do in life that we regret. Good luck

(Original post by Sweat.it.out)
    She started dancing with that guy because you didn't make a move. And I'm going to guess she was wasted too. If I'm dancing with a guy and he isn't quick enough I get bored because I assume he's not interested. As a drunk I'm even more impatient. Just throwing that out there.

You should def message her, I don't reckon the other guy is a threat at all, and there's certainly no harm in trying! It's the things we don't do in life that we regret. Good luck
    Yea I've been thinking about this and I think you're definitely right, I could kick myself, I so should have made a move quicker. Still, this way might work. Cheers!

Well, I messaged quiet a few hours ago and nothing. This pretty much sums up how I feel today:

[IMG]http://images.*********************.com/images/0/0e/Forever_Alone.png[/IMG]

Well, I messaged quite a few hours ago and nothing. This pretty much sums up how I feel today:

http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/u...alone-face.png

ReputationRep:
    Super-poke is the thang :smug:

ReputationRep:
    few hours is not enough time to wait before feeling 'forever alone'.... some people don't check facebook that regularly? (not me though muhahaha)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.