Turn on thread page Beta

Check it out! You can do real life Mario Karting! watch

ReputationRep:
    Nahh….. You can’t ….. But I don’t think I’m alone in thinking you should be able to!

Here’s my idea, let me know what you think/ how it can be improved.

Normal GoKarts, but with a device, sort of like a laser gun on the front and a device like the laser pack that picks up the laser, on the back of the kart. Also, there’s a small, colourful screen in the middle of the steering wheel, and there’s an audio device below the seat, with headphones coming out.

Right, there’s regular checkpoints all round the track which omit a signal to the car’s computer. The screen in the steering wheel randomly selects the weapon from the classic MarioKart selection. You hear the noises & music through the headphones and the screen in the steering wheel is flashing with the weapon you have randomly attained. You aim at a car in front and fire. If you hit them, the laser registers on the opponent’s computer and the car slows (to varying degrees of slow and various levels of time, depending on the weapon you shot them with). All the while, the Mario kart music is playing through the headphones and the noises (say when you get hit, or hit someone) are the same.

Also – you get to choose which character you are and get a different style car for each character, which comes with the sounds they make and speed/handling of the car.

So yeah, that’s it…. Could it work??

And people, please don't post videos of that dude that pretends to be Mario, cos that's not really a game, it's just him driving around.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yokabasha)
    Yh seems fun, but that ideas already been thought of, film: Death Race, bloody dangerous ****
    I'm guessing that's real weapons though? This is essentially laser quest on gokarts, with a mario twist.... Can't see how THIS would be dangerous?

ReputationRep:
    This:

ReputationRep:
    Well if I've got to die some day I wouldn't mind it being while playing real life mariokart. But I want real shells and banana skins.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    Well if I've got to die some day I wouldn't mind it being while playing real life mariokart. But I want real shells and banana skins.
    The banana skins could be incorporated into the idea.... But they probably wouldn't actually do anything....

The shells don't even make sense in Mario world, let alone in real life.... Unless you can think of a way of doing it??

ReputationRep:
    This is bull****! Why is noone excited by this?!

ReputationRep:
    *is excited*

Just gotta go out and actually do it now though?

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't pay the £500+ per go required to play this.

However it is a fantastic idea!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steezy)
    The banana skins could be incorporated into the idea.... But they probably wouldn't actually do anything....

The shells don't even make sense in Mario world, let alone in real life.... Unless you can think of a way of doing it??
    We could throw turtles at each other. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phillipsherman)
    I wouldn't pay the £500+ per go required to play this.

However it is a fantastic idea!!!
    What if it wasn't that expensive but Nintendo put an extra £1 on each game to fund a lot of it??

It would still be expensive though, but worth it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steezy)
    Nahh….. You can’t ….. But I don’t think I’m alone in thinking you should be able to!

Here’s my idea, let me know what you think/ how it can be improved.

Normal GoKarts, but with a device, sort of like a laser gun on the front and a device like the laser pack that picks up the laser, on the back of the kart. Also, there’s a small, colourful screen in the middle of the steering wheel, and there’s an audio device below the seat, with headphones coming out.

Right, there’s regular checkpoints all round the track which omit a signal to the car’s computer. The screen in the steering wheel randomly selects the weapon from the classic MarioKart selection. You hear the noises & music through the headphones and the screen in the steering wheel is flashing with the weapon you have randomly attained. You aim at a car in front and fire. If you hit them, the laser registers on the opponent’s computer and the car slows (to varying degrees of slow and various levels of time, depending on the weapon you shot them with). All the while, the Mario kart music is playing through the headphones and the noises (say when you get hit, or hit someone) are the same.

Also – you get to choose which character you are and get a different style car for each character, which comes with the sounds they make and speed/handling of the car.

So yeah, that’s it…. Could it work??

And people, please don't post videos of that dude that pretends to be Mario, cos that's not really a game, it's just him driving around.
    You got me all excited :sad:

But yes, your idea sounds amazing! Please apply for Dragons Den and I'm sure they will be more than happy to fund your idea, and then ultimately ruin your business :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    For quite a while now I have considered buying an SNES off ebay as well as an original copy of Mario Kart. I used to love that game.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.