Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

"You have the worst Facebook I have ever seen" watch

ANON PLEASE!! I recently added a workmate on Facebook who I talk to quite a lot at work. I have spoken to him on Facebook many times and whatnot, but recently he mentioned to me in an aggressive way that I have the worst Facebook he has ever seen (obviously referring to the fact that I don't have many photos or friends etc.).

I don't know what to do about it. Do I treat it as banter, or shall I just delete him and move on.

Trouble is, ultimately, he is right: I do have a bad Facebook. I just can't believe somebody would be so rude as to say it to my face like that. He clearly did it because he wanted to offend me.

ReputationRep:
    Don't take life so seriously!

ReputationRep:
    How do you decide how "good" a facebook profile is?

Please enlighten me

ReputationRep:
    At least he didn't say "you have the worst face I have ever seen."

ReputationRep:
    Just ignore him. Weren't you taught that in PHSE in primary school?

ReputationRep:
    God knows what he'd think of mine then, I've even made it so people can't post on my wall. The only photo I have is my profile pic.

I just use it for messaging friends

I really don't think you should be getting in a tizz about it, it's only Facebook!

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear. Thats like the worst insult ever. I can't believe you're actually able to continue with your life after your FB has been degraded in that manner.

Seriously, grow the hell up man.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    To be honest, he seems like a retard. He probably spends whole of his life on Facebook or soemthing.

Dont worry, the sad one is him, not you. :P

Bloody hell, this is pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiZZeeKiD)
    Seriously, grow the hell up man.
    That's the answer to most of the HnR threads. :top:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    ANON PLEASE!! I recently added a workmate on Facebook who I talk to quite a lot at work. I have spoken to him on Facebook many times and whatnot, but recently he mentioned to me in an aggressive way that I have the worst Facebook he has ever seen (obviously referring to the fact that I don't have many photos or friends etc.).

I don't know what to do about it. Do I treat it as banter, or shall I just delete him and move on.

Trouble is, ultimately, he is right: I do have a bad Facebook. I just can't believe somebody would be so rude as to say it to my face like that. He clearly did it because he wanted to offend me.
    Point out that cultivating a "good" facebook requires time and effort that you spend having a real life?

ReputationRep:
    I dont care for FB, I check it like once a month.

If somebody places FB ona pedestal then they're sad *******s.

ReputationRep:
    OT, but you cannot have 'a' facebook. Just like you can't have 'a' YouTube, MySpace, or Twitter. Those are websites, business concepts, and organizations which you cannot 'have'. You can only have a facebook account or a facebook profile. People are so stupid...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil)
    OT, but you cannot have 'a' facebook. Just like you can't have 'a' YouTube, MySpace, or Twitter. Those are websites, business concepts, and organizations which you cannot 'have'. You can only have a facebook account or a facebook profile. People are so stupid...
    Word.

ReputationRep:
    All this angst over Facebook? Wow.

ReputationRep:
    Surely the fact that you're not fixated on facebook is a good thing? Means you actually have a life!

ReputationRep:
    ignore him what a pathetic man

ReputationRep:
    Add as many people as you can, take a **** load of photos everywhere you go make a ****load of albums.

Then when you are together in a large group compare facebooks on your phone or something. Remind him of what he said than laugh in his face with your 700+ friends and 1000+ tagged photos in front of everyone. Make sure everybody realises he is a facebook amateur compared to yourself and shame him into deleting his profile.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

If someone tells you your facebook is the worst they've ever seen, your life is pretty much over... If I were you, I'd kill myself now, rather than later to avoid any further embarassment. I hope your ashamed of yourself.

ReputationRep:
    It's Facebook.
    Who actually gives a crap?

ReputationRep:
    I actually thought this was a troll, but then I read the other replies and realised you were serious.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 25, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.