Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by susan23)
    who found that easy??? Im sorry but how??? What kind of revision did you ****ing do??? Because i seem to be missing somehting here...every ****ing person in my college found it ok...ok.??!?! Ok?!?!? I cudnt even attempt the ****ing questoins forget even trying to find it ok?!?!?
    I did not say i found it easy. I revised 4 times for this paper and still failed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by percy93)
    i got C10H12N2
    i got C10N2

ReputationRep:
    For the delta G question, anyone else put in values at 298k to find delta S and put delta S value with 1000k temp to find new delta G, which is -108 something. since delta G < 1, its feasible.

Anyone else get pH = pKa or did i fuk that up big time? :/ i did pH = pka + log (A-/ HA) and since A-/HA = 1 (because 1 to 1 ratio) therefor log 1 = 0, therefore pH = pka :/ i feel like crying cuz i know its not the answer :'(

i based that answer to do buffer question too! :/

I put lactic acid cuz its pka is close to 3.55 pH. and i put you need excess of lactic acid and NaOH, did the 2 equations for buffer system. For validity, i put since pKa is close to 3.55 and not pH, the prediction is less valid. This result in the acid taste of mung **** more than expected or some thing like that.

9) i fuked it up :/ only had 10 min, couldn't even do the redox reactions

for polymer of the complex ion, i opened one of the double bond and said other complex ions can bond with this :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Killmepls)
    Am I the only one who thinks this was much harder than Jan and June last year? 65% for an A it was in January I'm hoping for about 60% this time...
    much, much harder. and yeah if 65% was an A in january it HAS to be lower than that this time round

ReputationRep:
    For delta G,

I got delta S to be -0.285

1000 x -0.285 = -285

176--285 = 461

I may have got the numbers slightly wrong as I can't remember them for definite but it was roughly this. I believe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruby321)
    I'm looking at the text book and I can't find how pKa relates to pH anywhere nor have I learnt it, what page is it on?
    Page 153

ReputationRep:
    I got C10H6N2 ?

ReputationRep:

it will vary coz we had to draw a line....

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=GiraffePoacher;32199663]Yep, just plugged in the initial [Br2] with the inital rate to match.[/Q

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking at the text book and I can't find how pKa relates to pH anywhere nor have I learnt it, what page is it on?
    Pg 153, blue box

ReputationRep:
    don't worry i don't think it matters what acid you chose, they're looking for the calc at the end of the day

ReputationRep:
    Knew I should have read the bit in the textbook about "magic tang"!

ReputationRep:
    The formula for Biby was C10H8N2

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2,2%27-Bipyridine

ReputationRep:
    When can we apply for clearing? haha FML

ReputationRep:
    Did this exam completely ass rape anyone else? I couldnt do any of the massive questions.. the Gibbs free energy one OR the buffers one OR the last one..

And did anyone get a massive value of Hydration of Cl- for like the first question?

ReputationRep:
    how did you rearange delta g=delta h-Tdelta s
    i rearaged it to.
    delta g divided by t then add delata h

got a massive answer tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dansat)
    It's called application of knowledge.

Was a hard question though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dansat)
    It's sort of similar to the hairdressing question in Jan 2011. Both made me think WTF are they on about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by percy93)
    i got C10H12N2
    i got C12H8N2

ReputationRep:
    What. The. ****. I did so much revision, at first I thought June 2010 was hard, until I did Jan 2011 which i found impossible. Got to the point where they were easy and they hit us with that... f**k. All the "big" questions.. Didn't even know where to start for the last one.

Very much doubt il even get into my insurance now, nevermind my firm. Thank you OCR! -___-

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.