Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student21)
    i know im not getting into my firm or insurance. Looking for other options now. Have to wait for clearing or im getting a job and saying goodbye to uni forever. This was make or break for me
    Same the fact that the fees are going up next year just make it 10x worse what did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone post a copy of the paper online?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vidja)
    From the textbook:
    "A first order reaction can easily be identified from a concentration time graph. a first order reaction has a constant half life"

The half lives were 190 then 210.

Nowhere in the specification does it say "Half life is constant except sometimes when it's almost constant. It's still first order then."

The half life was increasing. If the mark scheme only gives a mark for first order then that is ridiculous.
    these were EXPERIMENTAL RESULTS, which will always have experimental fluctuations. It was a constant half life

ReputationRep:
    Right, apparently people are using the 'gen' email address for complaints. The one to complain to is:

[email protected]

ReputationRep:
    Everyone needs to chill out, hard paper=low grade boundaries!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kalamari Dave)
    Last two times it was ~60/100 raw marks for an A (120 UMS).
    Don't know how its gonna be this time, quite a few people thought it was good, quite a few thought it was horrible.
    most people thought it was terrible!! hoping its less than 50 for an A :| !!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by susan23)
    gradiet at what point?
    It should be : INITIAL CONC CHANGE/TIME CHANGE

It is amazing how I am good at answering questions
    AFTER the exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VetApplicant2011)
    these were EXPERIMENTAL RESULTS, which will always have experimental fluctuations. It was a constant half life
    You're a constant half life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoventryCity)
    Does any one have an answer for the Kc Calculation and the hydration of Mg2+
    I got Kc as 45
    And the hydration of Mg2+ as -2300 or something similar can't remember exact value
    ^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scienceboy)
    i had this exact discussion with the people from my class after the exam. i hate to be all conspiracy theorist, but it seems a TINY bit odd that the year before uni fees skyrocket to £9000 per year all the exams are ridiculously difficult. compare F324 and F325 this year with 2010 and there's a huge difference in the difficulty of the papers.

thanks OCR.
    I completley agree.
    And what makes me think this even more is, my friends who resat the AS June unit this year.... said that exam was as easy as anything?! So are they going to try and give the AS's a false sense of security and think they are awesome at the subject so they will go to uni and pay too much?? The exams will go dead easy next year you watch.
    i dont get it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoventryCity)
    Does any one have an answer for the Kc Calculation and the hydration of Mg2+
    I got Kc as 45
    And the hydration of Mg2+ as -2300 or something similar can't remember exact value
    For hydration it was -1941 or something like that did you multiply 2 by the hydration of Cl?

And yeah I got that for Kc too.. quite weird to have an exact figure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tessfoley)
    It was more complicated as it formed a solid precipitate so it didnt cancel
    I think I got that question wrong, in that I stated the precipitate was something which as far as I know if fairly soluble in water. Kind of disappointed there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmartFool)
    Same the fact that the fees are going up next year just make it 10x worse what did you apply for?
    Pharmacy which i have in all honesty worked my ass off to try and get into. I was absolutely thrilled on my last 2 papers i sat but this one has just shattered all my hopes. Its like i was on top of Mt Everest and someone has thrown me off!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vidja)
    From the textbook:
    "A first order reaction can easily be identified from a concentration time graph. a first order reaction has a constant half life"

The half lives were 190 then 210.

Nowhere in the specification does it say "Half life is constant except sometimes when it's almost constant. It's still first order then."

The half life was increasing. If the mark scheme only gives a mark for first order then that is ridiculous.
    I worked out three, and i got 190, 210 and 205. These are experimental fluctuations, and since the difference is well within 5% we can disregard them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VetApplicant2011)
    I got the third half life value as 215. The way I was taught maths, 210 is greater than 190, and 215 is greater than 200 so I figured it was increasing.

From the sounds of things though, the third value was closer to 200 than 210. I'm just venting at the amount of application marks, really.

ReputationRep:
    Worst exam ever, thought it was worse than the Jan 2011, and that was 65/100 for an A
    I'm hoping like 55/100 for an A this time, then there's a chance.. possibly haha
    couldn't do the buffer question or the last question and I forgot how to find pH from my Ka value so I messed that one up too =/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sportycricketer)
    For hydration it was -1941 or something like that did you multiply 2 by the hydration of Cl?

And yeah I got that for Kc too.. quite weird to have an exact figure
    yes YES I GOT THAT TOO!!

I DID:

(-( - LATT) + SOLUTION) - (HYD X 2) = HYD CL

ReputationRep:
    What did people write for the buffer question??

ReputationRep:
    i dont think you had to double the Cl value? because it said blablabla IONS so i was assuming the value they gave us was for both the Cl why else did they say IONSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS?????? either way i got a positive value lol but it looks like everyone here got a negative value!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heatheroink123)
    Did anyone get uses for H2 as hydrogen fuel cell vehicles and margarine production? Or does anyone know if they're right?
    Chances are they're fine. I wrote Haber and fuel cells

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.