Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by good morning)
    how big is your ego?

no hedgehog questions or seaweed eating sheep today though....
    loool i was thinking the exact same thing, and if she's willing to say she is the smartest on a website, its quite a good indication of the latter...loool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vampire emu)
    Don't forget this stuff is testing your abilities, not just stuff you read and repeat. If all a chemist did was stuff everyone knew how to do, there'd be no point doing it at all. There were some hard questions on this, yes, and they were a little ridiculous, and probably the difference between a grade or two - the difference between being able to repeat stuff we've all practiced in and out of class, and being able to use this stuff like a real chemist would.
    Fair point, but we are only A level students? Prospective chemists have years worth of practice at application at university surely?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VetApplicant2011)
    So's your mum.

Haha sorry I didnt mean that comment to sound so smart assy, its just I think its probably the only one I did get right
    don't joke about that! what if his mum really is a half life? god

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by himmai)
    ok people

jus wonderin

for last questionn i got somelike 33 or 32
    for br2 i put first order
    for ph i got 2.11
    216 i got somewhere for delta s
    - 110/108... i got for free energy

wat do u guys think?
    I think I agree with everything except the last question. I got 67.6%.

ReputationRep:
    Facebook page for anyone who did not like the exam:

Students against the F325 June 2011 Exam

685 at the moment and growing. Lets help it on its way

ReputationRep:
    What did people do for the initial rate of reaction?
    1/t or using a tangent to find the Change in concentration/t?

Will both ways be correct? =S

ReputationRep:
    There were people crying when they came out of this exam... It was so so hard I've never seen a paper like that in my life! The buffers question was just :confused: I just wrote down what I knew about buffers, maybe I might get a sympathy mark... OCR have really screwed me over this year! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Richrr)
    You feel my pain? lol
    DEFF. ALL I could think during the exam was SCR**W CHEM ENG, SCR**W CHEM ENG. HAA!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kalamari Dave)
    Guys lets make the [size=4][B][?)
    ?)monomer unit for the complex ion polymer
    EDIT: JtKing3000 tells that they asked for the 4,4 version, not the 2,2 i've put up. He's right.
    ?)

?)

?)
    I didn't like drawing this. I scribbled, and scribbled and did it, perhaps right but boy i hope its legible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woods.vanessa)
    What did people get for the pH question using the pKa values??
    I got 2.11
    ?
    SAME BLUD, high five

ReputationRep:
    I actually feel sick. Some people on here are saying don't worry and grade boundaries will be low. Even if they are really low, I know I've still got a U and I've failed the paper. OCR are being ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swagger_Buck)
    loool i was thinking the exact same thing, and if she's willing to say she is the smartest on a website, its quite a good indication of the latter...loool
    I wasnt saying Im the smartest I definitely am not!!
    Why does everyone jump to conclusions on here??!?!?
    Jheez

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by science7)
    What did people do for the initial rate of reaction?
    1/t or using a tangent to find the Change in concentration/t?

Will both ways be correct? =S
    I used a tangent. If by 1/t you mean finding the average gradient between the point at t=0 and another point, then it should be okay as long as the interval was sufficiently short.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Superimpose)
    I have never found an exam this hard. It's the first time I have actually come out of an exam on the verge of crying/feeling sick. There was too much application required in this paper. I think there was an disproportionate amount of longer 5-10 mark harder questions compared to the straight forward 2-3 mark questions, it's no wonder people (including me) ran out of time. Yes, exams should have the element of application of knowledge, but surely only to an extent. With this new syllabus, how the hell could you do any sort of revision for improving your "logical reasoning" skills? Past exam questions did not help at all.

Long story short: my life is over and I have to face yet more OCR tomorrow (Core 4, hurrah).
    I literally walked out and started crying FML.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unkempt_One)
    I think I agree with everything except the last question. I got 67.6%.
    i think ur right i jus checked and it is also around 60 percent in real life (copper in brass) :'(

ReputationRep:
    here guys please read http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...6#post32203386

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know how long it take to usually get a copy of the Q paper after the exam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PedalBrain)
    Did anybody get a KC value of 45?? I deem this one of the easier questions but still, they managed to make ever the simplest of topics within the unit tricky. I can understand you make some things hard and some easier, but literally everything in the paper required more than the average time to think about it. If you have to read so much b****x about 'sweets' and fictitious material then the time allocated should increase. It seems the time taken to read each question has significantly increased, meaning less time to solve them... Does that make sense or am I the only one who believes so??
    Yup, completely agree, 100%.

ReputationRep:
    will anyone be uploading the paper later on??
    major rep for life!

ReputationRep:
    working hard doesn't describe what i did...lol. i did everypaper from the legacey spec from 2002 to 2010, trends, unifying and transitions. and i did the newest papers multiple times...on top of work from my college. and just because of 1 homosexual essay question my A* is getting raped...shame loool

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 10, 2012
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.