Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xI_NICHO_Ix)
    last year it was 65 raw marks for an A what do you think it will be for this paper
    I think it will be around 65-70 for an A. They are scrooges on grade boundaries.

Its like they write all their exam papers in the pub!!!! OCR IS A MYTH

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andygunner93)
    I don't think it mattered what acid you chose, as long as you could name it's salt
    lol, in the end I didn't have a clue what to do so I chose the acid with the easiest structure and wrote an equation on how to prepare the buffer. :L

ReputationRep:
    Please someone say they got 33ish percent for the last answer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by apo1324)
    lol, in the end I didn't have a clue what to do so I chose the acid with the easiest structure and wrote an equation on how to prepare the buffer. :L
    S, I didn't really have time to think about it so I said **** it, just pick one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosi M)
    Nope it is 67. something I can't remember

Basically if you couldn't remember the reaction with Cu2+ ions and iodide ions you were screwed on the last question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BackDoorEntry)
    I think it will be around 65-70 for an A. They are scrooges on grade boundaries.

Are you serious? if january was 65 this was much harder!!!!!!!! i reckon about 60 and defintely not 70!!!! Possibly on the reactions from others could be high 50s. Absoutely ridiculous paper. Might as well try and get a job.

ReputationRep:
    Did you know, if you rearrange the letters in 'magic tang'...
    ...you've probably given up on the paper?

ReputationRep:
    ahhhh man i hate this

ReputationRep:

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    :awesome:
    (Original post by apo1324)
    Ohmy gosh so did i ! Haha! :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    exam officers while writing this exam = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X_Ot0k4XJc

ReputationRep:
    I messed up a few questions but I see that as my fault entirely, there were questions on all areas of the specification and pKa and buffers aren't alien concepts, the magic tang bit was a buffer calculation and the how valid it is will be 1/2 marks. There was a genuine reason to complain about the Biology exam; bias towards one part of the specification and telling us not to remember examples then asking us to give examples in the exam.

ReputationRep:
    Ithought someone was going to post the question paper for this no?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sportycricketer)
    67.6%
    Omg i got half of that.. actually thought i got that right
    I must have missed a step. great!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoTheMedic;322
    )

I messed up a few questions but I see that as my fault entirely, there were questions all areas of the specification and pKa and buffers aren't alien concepts, the magic tang bit was a buffer calculation and the how valid it is will be 1/2 marks. There was a genuine reason to complain about the Biology exam; bias towards one part of the specification and telling us not to remember examples then asking us to give examples in the exam.
    How did you do the buffer calculation?
    I worked out my [H+] and Ka values but didn't know what to do then?

Oh dang think I just realised

Is it [H+] / Ka = [HA] / [A-]
    So then you can figure the ratios of each?

ReputationRep:
    I got this, and a lot of people I know got this. I would've got 76% except going back to the orginal equation in the first step there were half the number of moles in that. so I divided my mole by two and got a smaller mass.... however my chemistry is poor so I have a feeling 67ish% was right....hopefully we'll just lose one mark for that mistake though? :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BackDoorEntry)

No way!
    June 2010 was nice, therefore 71 for A...
    January 2011 not so nice, therefore 65 for A...
    June 2011 was solid, therefore 63 for A...

This is what Im hoping for anyway...

ReputationRep:
    Omg i got half of that.. actually thought i got that right
    I must have missed a step. great!
    I'm not sure if I got 67.6 or 67.8% though so

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoventryCity)
    Nope it is 67. something I can't remember

Basically if you couldn't remember the reaction with Cu2+ ions and iodide ions you were screwed on the last question
    Thats really tight
    I dont know what to think anymore! How about your pH? It was where you had to do the whole pka conversion thing.. what did you get?

ReputationRep:
    correct me if im wrong. but for the sweet question where u had to choose the acid. i think u could only pick the vinegaar 1 or the lactic acid 1. cuz the one containing benzene was carciogenic. not sure about the other 1

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 10, 2012
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.