Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bambinooo)
    kc question:

i found the difference between 0.8 and 0.6 (3/4 of it) an then dived it by 2 because it was 2NO and then applied this to the other compounds to find the eq amounts...was this wrong?
    Yes: 75% of the compound reacted. So it was the difference between 0.8 and 0.2, not 0.6.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachel-92)
    cause I don't have it... if I did why would I want it...
    allright i thought you may have asked after the exam :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlossomPossum)
    Yes: 75% of the compound reacted. So it was the difference between 0.8 and 0.2, not 0.6.
    would u get any method marks if you accidentaly did that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingam)
    allright i thought you may have asked after the exam :rolleyes:
    No, too busy crying, I didn't even want to go near the paper then haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by touran22)
    ok heres the paper....http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/touran22/f325/

password touran22

sorry for the quality of the paper...i don't own a scanner...just an iphone 5! when your on there just hit slideshow and your good to go!
    Thanks for putting this up

ReputationRep:
    Guys.. how many points were.. 5 a) and b) and 6a) worth? pleeaaasssseee.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachel-92)
    No, too busy crying, I didn't even want to go near the paper then haha
    fair enough

ReputationRep:

password touran22

sorry for the quality of the paper...i don't own a scanner...just an iphone 5! when your on there just hit slideshow and your good to go!
    Thank you so much! Seeing some of these again has made me a feel a bit better that i got some right! Everyone on here has been discussing the hard ones and i've just been thinking i got everything wrong! :P

Would you mind saying what the marks available for questions 2c, 4e, 5a,b,d, 6a are? I can't see them on the pages :P Thankyou

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vitupero)
    See Jan 2011 F325 P11 Q3 part e. Regarding Ammonium Thioglycolate and hair.
    This was a 2 mark question, and the examiner's report states that almost no candidates were able to answer it correctly.

(Original post by Vitupero)
    Same Paper Qu 7 Regarding Dissolved Oxygen Concentration in rivers.
    This was similar to the last question on the F325 June 2011 paper, except it was only worth FOUR marks, and didn't require the candidate to construct three ionic equations before even beginning the calculation.

Sorry mate, but I don't think that these are very good comparisons. Not that that's through any fault of yours, it's just that there are no questions to compare today's paper with! This paper was difficult from start to finish. I don't see how they will be able to distinguish the stronger candidates from the weaker ones with this exam, really I don't.

ReputationRep:
    Flipin why isnt it working for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jontylol)
    Can someone reupload the photos elsewhere or just make it not password protected...
    good point isnt the password working for you aswell

ReputationRep:
    good point isnt the password working for you aswell
    nope not working - "too many failed logins"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scienceboy)
    nope not working - "too many failed logins"
    same how did it work for other people:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jontylol)
    Can someone reupload the photos elsewhere or just make it not password protected...
    Sorry bro I passworded it because I didn really want the whole wod looking at it I was kind of worried lol

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Sorry bro I passworded it because I didn really want the whole wod looking at it I was kind of worried lol
    worried about what? reupload with no password!

ReputationRep:
    same how did it work for other people:confused:
    Could someone who managed to get it, please upload it directly on the post?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dim0nIX)
    Thanks for actually bothering. I by all means agree that simply testing how well the students can regurgitate on the notes or the book is not representative of A2 level, however all the questions you listed were successfully done by me under exam conditions in the time allocated. And please do not assume that I did not look at past papers. I literally did every single exam question that existsted since OCR Chem Salter specification began. That is about 200 questions. The questions in the todays paper were not as straightforward as those. Long, ambiguous and time consuming to say the least.
    I wasn't assuming that you didn't do past papers it was more due to the past papers I had done I was expecting an exam where it stretched and challenged me in almost every question and why people seem to think the differently. In my preparation for the exam I did several questions from past Chem Olympiad papers, including participation in this years Chem Olympiad and many papers and questions that my teachers very kindly put together from the previous spec and other exam boards. From that I was expecting a paper with some irrelevant things and that I would quickly have to find the information needed. After the January papers (and to some extend last years Physics papers) I was expecting not to finish with time to spare and that I would need to read any information they gave very quickly.

ReputationRep:

password touran22

Thanks so much for this!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FCB)
    I'm not complaining about difficulty, I'm complaining about the time frame. I would have been able to work through that paper and complete all of it had I had maybe 2 hours and 15 minutes. As things stand, you have to work extremely quick just to answer all the questions, no time for checking, and no time to actually think about things.

What is more likely to be a useful application of chemistry, thinking about things to find the right answer through logic and actually applying past knowledge? Or skimming the question, and then copying out the mark scheme from a similar question on a past paper because you have no time to do anything else?
    That is the problem. I think that point was raised at a teachers conference earlier in the year after the January exams, just how rushed it was. OCR said that they were aware, but it was too late to change that for us this year, but they hope to sort it for next year. According to my teacher. I personally had more time left at the end than past chem papers. I had about 25 mins to go back and check (and to do the buffer question).

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 10, 2012

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.